SAU Community

another power to weight (sorry)

ApacheX

just do what i did... put the thing on a dyno with the plate get the shop / engineer to sign that with the plate in it makes xxx keep the plate in keep the paper/ certificate in your car if they pull you over show them the plate show them the sheet ...... if they fine you take them to court.... your under the power to weight...

They use these restrictor plates in racing so certain cars with more power can race in certain events.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good advice Warren. Why do people keep posting to this thread saying "do this, do that" and it will restrict the power. The EPA/VicRoads/Police wont care if you remove three of your cylinders and say "Officer, its only got the power of a Suzuki Cappuccino". They wont give a shit all they care about is RB25DET FACTORY power output. They will look at there data and go "Legal or Illegal" therefore dont waste your time with an engineer or dyno. You could drop an SR20DET in there if you have a spare $5000 laying around and are prepared to lose a further $5000 when you try and sell a Skyline 6, with a 4 cylinder engine in it.

In fact I wont be surprised if you have a summons to appear in court over this- The guys at my work still maintain that this is a court going offence.

You were just really unlucky. I had my P's extended for 12 months after a being clocked driving to Sydney in my first year of driving (funny enough it was in a SR20DET Silvia) and have therefore had my Skyline just short of 2 years on my P's. I have been pulled over maybe 5 times in this period for various things and not once have they wanted to look at my engine nor question the power output. There is a huge inconsistancy with how police handle these situations. One person gets done while the other goes free. When we see those flashing lights behind us its a bit like going to the AFL tribunal (you never know what will happen)

There is that one cop that has a history of perfromance car related fines in that area. Other cops don't know/care bout power to weight, only the occasional canary. If he was doing his job properley, he wouldn't let you drive the car home.