SAU Community

another power to weight (sorry)

ApacheX

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i know wat u are sayin, but they check the engine and stuff

like when i got pulled, i had to open my bonnet and all that stuff. true if i put a gtr engine in my gtst its still a gtst....but when he looks at a rb26 he is gonna know its a rb26 and not a 25 heh

theres only one thing for it then...

buy a 240rwkw SR20 and drop that in it...

WELL below the P:W for an SR in an R33 GTST :)

well considering it has less power than an RB20DET i wouldnt listen to him... hes obviously a ****ing moron out to scare people.

SR20 in an R33 153kw/1.4 = 109.28kw/ton

RB20 in an R33 160kw/1.4 = 114.28kw/ton

RB25 in an R33 184kw/1.4 = 131.42kw/ton

RB26 in an R33 206kw/1.4 = 147.14kw/ton

SR20 Pulsar GTiR 172kw/1.22 = 140.98kw/ton

SR20 180SX 153kw/1.23 = 124.39kw/ton

Hi,

i remember having this discussion with someone on this board, or sdu, i cant remember. Akenan used a plate over the air intake, that had wholes drilled into it, thus restricting the airflow. This is how he got insurance with Just Cars aswell. You guys on P's gotta be pretty f*cking careful, because Justcars or other insurance companies have every right to dick you because your technically breaking vic roads rules, and therefore they can terminate your insurance if you try to make a claim.

Akenean got around this buy the method i just discussed. Additionally if the cops are hassling you, show the the dyno result, show them the vic roads rulings and they cant do anything about it.

When i was considering buying a gtst, i went through the same ordeal. I contacted Vicroads.. and they have NFI whats going on, waste of time in my opinion unless you get though to someone clued up. I went to the police station and stated my case, again, they dont have any idea about the ruling either. They gave me the number of a TOG, and yet again.. they cant provide any information in regards to the legality involved in what Akeanan did. To be honest tho, i'm quite sure what he did would be more than legal, and should be accepted provided that the restriction plate is on, and additionally you have all the information at hand when mrs or mr piggy ask.

I ended up steering away from gtsts, 10 days or so till i'm of my P's 10 days or so till i'll be in a gtr or equivilant :)

If you want any other help, feel free to email me.

Cheers

Paul

I'll give you the tip boys it goes off factory specs.  You could unbolt your turbo, get a 5mm exhaust and run the car offJohnny Walker and they would still say it is illegal.

Not to make you scared or anything but driving a restricicted car is a court going offence.  (I checked with the legal dept at my work today)

and that's the law... bad luck unfortunately

if you did your research before spendind $15000+ on a car then you would have found this out. so you have no excuse but to buy another car that's under the limit or potentially face court (penalty is lisence suspension)

this was the main reason i bought an r32gtst (back when i was still on my P's) and it pisses me off to see 18 year olds all the time saying they have an R33gtst or R34gtt on their P's trying to say they are legal when we keep telling you THEY ARE ILLEGAL LIKE IT OR LUMP IT!

sorry about that... where was i?

oh yeah, its illegal mate sorry. if you want help finding another car then let me know as i know someone who owns a shop that iomports cars and he can get you an s13ca18det or r32gtst or somethign under the 15yo rule that IS legal

or you could just risk it... like everyone does already...

Just buy a commonwhore and drive it till your off you P's like your average aussie P plater does then thrash it, stack it a couple of times and then sell it and buy a car that you are less likley to kill yourself in and respect a lot more :)

Well don't buy a car thats illegal to drive on your P's?

like seriuosly there is no excuse thats the rules i remember when wrx's came out that there was only one model you could drive power to weight wise and it was a wagon with extras any other you bend over and take the fines and what eva punishment they give you.

just sell the farkin thing buy something that not every ex vl turbo owner has and something that cops don't pay so much attention to.

Then once your off your p's gts-t with 300 kw rb26 :rant:

how bout u.......just dont drive ur car to knox raz...

on silvias forum theres shitloads of posts saying stay away from knox.

if u get another fine, (doubt it, ) then just pay it.

u dont have that long to go on ur P's....hardly worth considering putting an SR20 for a couple of thousand...specially when ur wanting to sell it anyway...

and dont sell it for a ca18de(t) or somethin... sif u'll be happy with it.

heheh true dat nav, im not goin to knox now heh

Acsplit man, im not lookin for an excuse to drive my car. fair enough its over power to weight, i honestly didn't think it was and yer, i got done. all i was askin in the first place was that if i get some form of proof that my car outputs a power figure lower than factory standards, will they accecpt it?

heheh true dat nav, im not goin to knox now heh

Acsplit  man, im not lookin for an excuse to drive my car. fair enough its over power to weight, i honestly didn't think it was and yer, i got done. all i was askin in the first place was that if i get some form of proof that my car outputs a power figure lower than factory standards, will they accecpt it?

unfortunately they won't accept it

how long untill you are off your P's?

realistically you won't probably get pulled over AND scrutinised for at least another 6-12 months or else you are very unlucky...

This thread seems to be filling up with people whom seem to envy the fact that your driving an r33.

Everyone is stating that the read it from their little book. The law states the limit, and it doesnt specify how this information is provided or come across.

My only advice would be to check it out with the police and vic roads. I'd additionally be seeking legal advice if they say that the reading in their book stands up, providing examples of modified cars to backup your case.

I got done at Knox too. prob by the same guy. I have a totally stock R33 and i got done p/w. He pulled out the black book too and i knew i was gone. They were gonna let me off as they were normal cops, but then an unmarked TMU cruising the carpark pulled in and said "book him" so i was fined. Told me to garage the car till i was 21 or sell it. No way hose.

I since havent gone back to Knox, and that was a yr ago. Less than a month till im off P's...cant wait. Been pulled over again, but got let off

ejheheh, u got less than a month...i got a year+ man

mcmn: hmm.....i personally dont think this thread is full of people envy'ing the fact that i have a r33...as most of them have r33's too hehe. but i will take this to vicroads, see wat they have to say about it i guess, hopefully somethin good will come outta this!

thanks for the replies guys, helped me heaps :D

well i'll be on my P's for about 9 months once i start driving the R34. So going on probabilities i might get pulled over once. I don't drive a lot anyway, couple of times a week, and most of that are 5 mins trips :D I'm not fussed bout the whole thing... one thing i know, i'll be driving a hell of a lot safer car that's for sure. 91 puslar hatch anyone? My bike has more rubber on the road than that car :uhh: