SAU Community

Whats The Best Pistons And Rods To Use For Rb 25/30 Conversion

lcxu105

Hi all just wanted to know what rods and pistons everyone is using and what power level they are making to decide what to use for my own set up. Will be using a 25 neo head that has been ported and currently makes 381 hp on a rb25 neo engine with 14psi of boost from the std factory turbo and factory inlet. When i build the new engine it will run a custom hi-mount exhaust manifold and Greedy inlet manifold on 18psi boost.

Thanks Dave

500hp? You can do it with stock internals, pretty much any aftermarket pistons and rods will be up to the task(Just remember you need different pistons for a neo 25/30 to a normal 25/30) I used ACl VL flat top rb30 forged pistons for the last neo30 build, cant remember what the CR ended up, but around 8.8:1 from memory.

Edited by Adriano

did some serching on the net and from what i have found, CP pistons and just about any h beam rod with good rod bolts and some quality berring will do the job just fine. So what would be an ideal C/R 8-5-1, 9-1 ???

Stock rods with better bolts will be fine for will be fine for 500hp but if you are planning on 800hp down the track may as well go fully forged and balanced. You want the higher CR but be careful... the CP 9:1 pistons will give you a much higher CR with the Neo head so you may want to get the nominal 8.5:1 pistons for your car.