SAU Community

Rb26 R32 - Blowby & Oil Consumption

Take it to a reputable tuner, pay for a power run and get some advice on the condition of the engine.

yup - if all else fails - that's definitely going to happen - for now she runs fine, boosts fine, just the oil consumption that wondering about - thanks for the tip!

Noticed you have an EP91 - i used to have an EP71 with an EP82 engine GT2510, 3SGTE Injectors, Custom manifold, e-manage - stock internals - 1.5bar boost 240bhp and 300nm on wheels... miss it tons...

Engine may be built loose

They can spit some oil out the bum till they warm up

Not enough normally to loose a noticeable amount though

hmmm... need to check and see - i means she runs fine - just a bit conscious about the amount i have to top up after 2 weeks - like 300ml or so... need to go back and recheck exact amount...

It wouldn't be wise to start planning a rebuild now just because it's burning some oil. 20+ year old motor out of a turbo sportscar is bound to have some wear. I wouldn't worry. Getting it checked out by a tuner wouldn't hurt though.

Use a higher viscosity oil and thrash it. I'd be willing to bet you couldn't kill it if you wanted to

It's been built apparently

Maybe oil is going past the turbo seals and out the exhaust? What do the spark plugs look like?

Oil is definitely coming out one way! haha i dont think its via the turbo seals though - doesnt have the white smoke effect that usually comes when oil goes through the turbine seals..

Plus look ok - a bit black with soot - but definitely not white from being lean - so thats a good sign as well...

It wouldn't be wise to start planning a rebuild now just because it's burning some oil. 20+ year old motor out of a turbo sportscar is bound to have some wear. I wouldn't worry. Getting it checked out by a tuner wouldn't hurt though.

Use a higher viscosity oil and thrash it. I'd be willing to bet you couldn't kill it if you wanted to

I agree - would not be easy to kill at all!

Im pretty sure even a stock one isnt easy to kill at all - the RB's and JZ's are very well built engines..

• Like 1