SAU Community

GTR - Which Oil & Oil Filter?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one can answer my SAF-SA and SAF-XA question?

If you notice the location of the S and X keys on the keyboard, and the fact that SAF-SA doesn't exist, I think you can probably work out the rest :)

LW.

If you notice the location of the S and X keys on the keyboard, and the fact that SAF-SA doesn't exist, I think you can probably work out the rest :cheers:

LW.

That's what I though too LW, but you know what they say, never assume... :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

So, has anyone tried the Mobil 1 high performance oil filters? One came on my car when it was delivered from Japan. It had a sticker on it saying Mobil 1 M1-111, but I ordered some from the US and they look wider and higher. The one I wanted was a low profile one because my car has an oil cooler and the connector takes up precious space.

The Australian Mobil dealers do not list them. They're only available from Japan and the US by the look of it.

It was nothing like that. i bought some for my car from Bursons/Bensosn whatever the Vic spare parts chain is called. It wasnt cheap, but nowhere near that expensive (i got gearbox and diff for about what you were quoted) .

I have some left over, you may get away with just buying 1L and using the balance of what i have left over.

I have some left over, you may get away with just buying 1L and using the balance of what i have left over.

So how much would I need for the front and rear diffs?

Guessing 1.5L rear, 1L front?