SAU Community

R34 Rb25 Neo Valvesprings And Hardware?

I've got a set installed on a motor I'm slapping together as well.

85lb seat pressure with titanium retainers because I was upsold by my mate LOL.

Will spin the motor to 9k RPM, will have a balanced crank and Spool Import billet oil pump gears along with matching pump collar.

Funny part is, will be on stock rods, stock pistons with ACL Race conrod bearings.

#wishmeluck

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Will spin the motor to 9k RPM, will have a balanced crank and Spool Import billet oil pump gears along with matching pump collar.

Funny part is, will be on stock rods, stock pistons with ACL Race conrod bearings.

#wishmeluck

Titanium retainers are a very very good idea.  I recently juggled a set of Performance's normal retainers and the stock Nissan ones.  The Performance ones are massive.  Easily three times as thick and heavy as the stockers.  I wouldn't do that to my engine.  The Ti ones would be an easy upsell.

7 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

#wishmeluck

good luck buddy, cams and turbo in the works?

i see drag only in mind and daily driver. i will not operate in the vct region most of the time therefore why bother retain the vct? vct shuts off at about 4700rpm. i will be in 5+k

revving to 9-9.5k should give me about 4k usable range as well

12 minutes ago, CHRIS MW33 said:

i see drag only in mind and daily driver. i will not operate in the vct region most of the time therefore why bother retain the vct? vct shuts off at about 4700rpm. i will be in 5+k

revving to 9-9.5k should give me about 4k usable range as well

You can control the VCT cut off point and also VCT will assist your turbo spooling. Furthermore it's a street car youll need that low down to move around traffic.

Worse idea ever removing VCT. If you want brappy cams that support VCT look at Camtech cams.

Just now, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

You can control the VCT cut off point and also VCT will assist your turbo spooling. Furthermore it's a street car youll need that low down to move around traffic.

Worse idea ever removing VCT. If you want brappy cams that support VCT look at Camtech cams.

car will start on launch control at 4.5k rpm i dont drive car around in traffic. and camtech cams are at twice the price.

seems better to toss the vct and go larger cams.

3 hours ago, CHRIS MW33 said:

car will start on launch control at 4.5k rpm i dont drive car around in traffic. and camtech cams are at twice the price.

seems better to toss the vct and go larger cams.

DUMB.....

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

You give a man a hammer everything looks like a nail.

I have had it on and off on my current engine....i see no major gains. Maybe it's not working blocked or something.  Systems aged she's and fail over time as well. I will revisit it later as changed won't be made immediately

1 hour ago, admS15 said:

The man has a point but your welcome to ignore the advice and remove a fantastic engine feature coz racecar.

Also think about Wat was said.... I Drag Race and I never operate in the vct range fantastic or not it is useless if the engine nerves sees the vct. Launch control is 4500rpm weeks vct turns off at 4700 therefore I see 200rpm of vct then I stay above 5k rpm between shifts. Car is not a track car. Vct makes no sense to my setup.

Larger cams would be more useful since I will be operating in the 5k plus region 

We are not here to all have like minds. We will all have different ideas and minds at some point. 

but u should consider another possibility 

Also think about Wat was said.... I Drag Race and I never operate in the vct range fantastic or not it is useless if the engine nerves sees the vct. Launch control is 4500rpm weeks vct turns off at 4700 therefore I see 200rpm of vct then I stay above 5k rpm between shifts. Car is not a track car. Vct makes no sense to my setup.

Larger cams would be more useful since I will be operating in the 5k plus region 
We are not here to all have like minds. We will all have different ideas and minds at some point. 
but u should consider another possibility 

Dude you said on the previous page drag only and daily. Wtf. So if you intend on driving it at all on the road you would be a fool to remove vct. Clearly u have your mind made up. Good luck to you but my crystal ball says that you'll look back in the future and think those guys where right. So, will this thing be driven on the street or not? That should be what your decision is based around. Also vct will not hurt performance on the drag strip.