SAU Community

Best High Mount Turbos?

Okay so im deciding what turbos to upgrade to and want to know everyones opinion.

Im wanting twin high mounts and want to get around 500kw or more..my motor is fully built and just needs a few extra goodies.

Im running greddy t517zs atm and its got over 300kw on low boost.

Im looking at getting a set of greddy t67-25gs as ive heard really good things but want everyones input so please feel free to voice your opinion guys.

Thanks

Im wanting twin high mounts and want to get around 500kw or more..my motor is fully built and just needs a few extra goodies.

Im running greddy t517zs atm and its got over 300kw on low boost.

Im looking at getting a set of greddy t67-25gs as ive heard really good things but want everyones input so please feel free to voice your opinion guys.

On petrol, or E85? What is "fully built"? Please elaborate on specs, and the rest of the setup etc? External gates? GTX2867Rs are the first thing that come to mind on the assumption you will be running E85.

^ As above..

Also need to understand what your car is used for and what you expect out of it in regards to drivability. As much as I love twins, for big power like 500kw I would lean towards a big single like a PTE6466 or EFR9180.

Whatever you do, stay away from the T67. That thing would be nearly 20-30 years old by now (technology wise)

Edited by Tonba

Sorry guys.. Motor has forged pistons, rods, big injectors, fuel rail, n1oil pump, nismo oil cooler, nismo intercooler.. Its on pump fuel ATM and plan to get cams, cam gears, e85 and a few other goodies.. I want 450-500kw and was thinking td06-20gs for it as i think running twin t67s will be too laggy as is purely for street use. If i run the td06-20gs.. I'm not sure as to run 8cm or 10cm??

Thanks

^ TBH, stay away from the Greddy / Trust turbos. They are laggy by todays standards.

Get yourself a pair of GTX2867R like Lithium suggested or a big single like a PTE6266, EFR8374, PTE6466 or even a EFR9180 (all in in twin scroll configuration for response)

Edited by Tonba

swings and roundabouts...

1. do you really want 500awkw? if so (unless it's going to be a hard parker with a dyno sheet in the windscreen)

2. start saving for a new gearbox

3. cash in the rego, throw in a seat, cage and buy a trailer (because unless your looking to get more cubes, it'll be essentially useless on the street)

4. start saving for all the supporting systems (I'll guarantee your fuel system wont support 500rwkw, clutch, cooler, oil and breathing mods, diff/susp/brakes, ign system, ecu/tune.... )

and the list goes on into a big spiraling dark hole of time/money and sacrifice/compromise

Cheers

J. :-)

You should get close with GTX28's shoved into -5 housings, twin Walbro 460L, possibly 1400cc ethanol/methanol injectors (or just put 2000's in there)

The rest can be done on a surprisingly stock engine bay, but be warned, the 26 block is very weak up around that power. I would be going for an unmolested 3L block and not boring it out much.

Nah, 26 block is no stronger or weaker than a 30 block, do what everyone does and do a partial grout fill for ridgitidy.

If anything the 26 block has oil squirters and the block grove for extra mains oiling already there, i wouldnt jump to a 30 block just for 500Kw.

Good Oil pump is a must in any RB build as is oil control mods.

You can get 400-450Kw with a set of low mount -5 and E85....

Edited by GTRPSI

Appreciate all your input guys..

I'm totally new to all this so i do appreciate all your feedback guys

To start with, be honest with yourself and really have a good think about what you want to get out of your gtr and how you would like to use it. Once you figure that out, you can start setting goals and planning mods/asking for advice for the best way to get the result your looking for.

Cheers

J.