SAU Community

V35 03 Coupe Automatic Issues

Hey not sure exactly how to describe the problem which is making it hard to search for an existing answer but here goes...

As of a few days ago I will be driving along and the D icon on the console will dissapear and show nothing at all (when in tiptronic mode this displays the gear selected etc) once this happens I can no longer engage tiptronic mode and select gears etc. The car will still change gears on its own no problem. If I turn the car off and back on it will return to normal and allow me to use tiptronic etc. The frequency with which this is happening has increased to almost every time I drive the car now so want to sort asap.

Is it likely to be a cable/wiring issue or have I got a bigger problem? The car is not entering limp mode and I am not throwing any codes to suggest it's an ecu issue...

Any help would be appreciated cheers

Good point I will check that. I bought the car not long ago and the trans has been worked over with upgraded torque converter etc and transgo kit to suit the supercharger so it shouldn't be a service issue but who knows. Will look at fluid and report back in a few hours

Fluids all good. I'm 99% sure its a centre console connection problem. As it was taken out s few weeks back. Just odd that it has happened only in the last few days with no change to things for weeks. Will check connections again in the morning.

Sounds like it is going into limp mode.

Get the car scanned for error codes.

Might be as simple as the plug on the drivers side from the loom is loose, it has a clip to hold it in, might not have been replaced after fitting.

Or on the other hand it might be something deeper inside the trans. Solenoids or the like.

I have seen many issues with wiring inside the trans after hack transgo installs, it could be a good idea to get the pan dropped to look for wires catching in the gear lever linkage if they didn't clip the loom back in properly.

Other than that, make sure the plugs are clean, dry and pushed home on the transmission ecu.