SAU Community

Whos Bought Off Nengun

hey guys hope im posting this in the right spot.

im making this post to ask if anyone has had any buying experience from nengun and if they wouldn't mind sharing a bit about it ie delivery on time, customer contact, ect to shine some light on the business as im considering making purchases through them but iffy on purchasing and shipping

cheers all hopefully this helps and can help others in the future

Just use the search function and search for nengun. Lots of threads about his business.

Long story short though to answer your question, hundreds if not thousands of purchases from SAU members.

yeah sweet that's just what I wanted to here before I go throwing all my money into my beast. picking up a auto r33 gts na in a few weeks and plan on building a rb35det neo for when im off my P's along with a manual conversion lol

another place I researched was justjap but heard bad things such us them being over priced and not reliable lol I want a lot of nismo tomie and other tuner brands so nengun seemed to be the best choice cheers fellas for the insite

Buy a turbo car when off p's.

Way cheaper and more sensible.

Don't believe me? I don't care ;)

In the meantime research how much hassle the conversion is and stuff you have to change.

Better yet, ask guys who have been silly enough to do it is what they think.

Kinkstaah springs to mind ;)

PM him

Edited by Ben C34

yeah but I wanna do the neo conversion and I have access to a full workshop to use the hoist ect so engine swap wont be to much hassle lol cheers for the advice though besides don't wanna do all the visual work to this car just to sell it and start again lol

thanks for the concern ben but I should be fine, ive ground up rebuilt old fords and a 82 hilux running a 253 v8 in my carport so im not really phased with hassle anything can be done if you have the time and patients.

also with the bodykit paintjob interior work ect ect I wanna do to the car id rather just keep it and convert it lol, I decided against performance upgrades on the stock engine exept maybe exhaust and pod, wuld rather build up a engine designed for that purpose along with a trans and diff combo to handle the new engine this way on my P's I can still have a nice looking car focusing just on visual and then off my P's I can swap all the gear over to the new stuff and have a total beast.

another thing is my budget, I don't have the money to be buying selling and buying again it works out easier doing it this way after all im only young 21 live on my own so gotta pay rent bills ect only leaves me around 400 a week for the car doing it this way means I can put say 2-300 into the new gear and still fill up the tank which will hopefully last the week keeping the stock engine stock.

besides its not really any different to turboing a stock na car which ive done before rb30e into rb30e+t wish I still had my 31 but some b#st#rds stole it and wraped it round a pole they just couldn't handle the power the thing put out lol.

but once again cheers for the concern its appreciated being a young fella with a tight budget (no wasting cash) but itl be sweet.

heres a question for ya though...... is it really worth me using a rb25det neo engine for the new build up seens as I want it built off custom blueprints and crunning custom specs or would I just be better off doing the build up using a standard rb25det coz arnt they practically the same engine just with a few minor upgrades for the neo???

Ok. Seems you have made your mind up regarding the engine swap!

The neo engine has amongst other things a better head with solid lifters. It is the better base to start with.

A 400 a week car budget is pretty big!

zoomzoom what do you mean by the legal ramifercations??? wouldn't it be just the same as turboing a na engine just with swapping the engine instead??

ben c34 yeah im pretty stuborn lol always wanted a neo engine ive loved my tuner cars since I was young but with the family being old skool and musle enthusiasts my first projects were along those lines then came getting my licence and my first car r31 skyline then became a mechanic done apprenticeships ect my first full project was a old ford xe falcon with a fully rebuilt 250crossflow.

now im on my green P's (vic) and have a passion for skylines wanted a 32 but chose a 33 instead so im still learning a bit tuners are completely different from muscle lol so coming from that area to me $400 isn't much especially with todays economy but yes I agree it is a good budget compared to most people my age.

anyways to get back on topic you think the neo would still be the better base for the engine build even though im stripping it bare getting the block shaved and acid washed ect and rebuilding it using my own choice of parts (brands).

another thing I wanted as much nismo stuff as I could possibly fit in the engine but after some research on nengun im unsure if its a good idea, although nismo is a top known brand I came across the fact that other brands such as greddy ect have better stats with some things so do you think I should stay with my original plan and use all nismo gear or should I mix and match for best stats and quality? what do you think

Read the rb25 dyno results thread and the unopened 300rwkw club thread in the forced induction forum and decide your plan.

I would suggest an unopened neo will definitely do.

While running the neo, read and learn as much as possible and start planning a build. There's a strong chance you won't need to do it for years.

Don't rush it. There's no hurry.

And last bit of advice which I'm sure you will ignore, buy a house. Car later.

You will be way better off in the future. Watch your mates waste money. I wish I bought a house sooner.

Hood luck with it all!

cheers benc34 gives me more to research before I make a final plan and nah wouldn't ignore that advice its bloody good but I live on my own in a place I been renting for 2 years now and have lived n my own sine I was 15 kinda sucks somedays... and although I hope it never happens but know it will oneday my grandma has left me her house in the will when she passes so im all good for a house lol

word of advice to any other young fellas out there tho, listen to the advice ben gave me coz a house will get ya a lot further than a car I mean what would you rather buy a car now and end up living in it in say 10yrs or buy a house and catch public transport and rides coz I know what one I would go for.

picking the 33 up in a few days had to get a new rwc from the caryard hopefully they didn't do a dodgy but il check and have my mecha check once I got the car.