SAU Community

Nrma Vintage And Classic Insurance

Hi everyone.

Just thought I would share my experience with you all.

I recently insured my r34 gtr v-spec with Shannons at a premium of $2250 ($500 excess). I was told by a guy at work about nrma vintage. Catch is you have to only do no more then 9000kms per year and your car 15 years or over and obviously a clear driving history for the last 2 years. All no problem for me.

Anyway nrma premium came in at only $975.55 (300 excess.). A saving of more then $1200. And agreed value was no problem.

• Like 6

1800646605 is the direct number to NRMA's Classic, Vintage and Veteran.
Good post above!
Big savings can be had if...
* your car is at least 15 yrs old
* it's not your daily
* well secured
* travels less than 9000km/yr
* high sum insured may need to be supported with pics

The direct number above is advised over the usual NRMA Insurance arm (number).

• Like 5

Changed from Shannon's to NRMA today.

Half the price of Shannon's !!!!!!!!!! only catch is you can't pay monthly, has to be an up front annual payment.

And YES, mods are allowed in the policy no problem whatsoever.

• Like 2

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Just called NRMA

Quote came back @ $509

Shannons charge me $2200 a year

that is literally laughable

What model? Insured value? Age?

That's a bargain. I thought I was doing good at $975 compaired from Shannons $2200.

The stampede has started. Like Shannon's and Dawes (and unlike Just Car), NRMA Classic, Vintage and Veteran offers choice of your own repairer should you be in an accident.

• Like 1

I'd say Shannon's arguing to lose a fair chunk of clients once word gets out.

It there own fault for being greedy. A little competition is good for us.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Almost any ECU would work, from a 30 yr old PowerFC to a new Motec/Autronic. But presumably you want new middle of the road ECU, meaning that you want a Haltech or a Link, most likely. As to which model though? I dunno. I don't keep track of what they have in their current ranges. You don't want a plug in though, because plug ins can start to cause you the same wiring issues that you have to chase up with your stock ECU/loom swaps when an engine transplant is involved. If you use a Haltech (and presumably a Link) you could put the base map for the engine in and drive it around and not even need to "tune" it. It will work just fine. I can't recommend a tuner without a location (and even then I can't recommend many, being as I never use any tuners except myself and my brother-in-law). And not many tuners are happy to remote tune. Maybe they'd be happier doing it for a basically stock setup that just needs to be demonstrated to be working properly. But even then, not being able to be with the car to see what the hell is going on and sort out the inevitable problems that will result from an engine conversion done by an amateur..... unlikely to be enthusiastic about the job. And if you think that just adding 2 wires for the boost sensor is difficult - you don't want to be trying to install and set up an aftermarket ECU. You're going to have to bite down hard on something with either approach.
    • wired everything up and confirmed that the red with white stripe is indeed the fuel pump pin on this harness. 
    • yes, ive done this to my rb20de neo. Really wakes the car up and i could feel an insane power increase just by removing the restricted stock auto transmission. 
    • understood. if i went with an aftermarket ecu (instead of having to figure out how to hardwire in the boost sensor), what aftermarket ecu would you recommend? not looking for huge power, just want reliability honestly. and tuner suggestions who can E-tune would be welcome as well. thank you.