SAU Community

Powered By Max Coilovers

Santana

Its same as all the other entry budget coilovers like BC ,HSD etc. will do the job. But if your looking for that level of coilover you might aswell buy BC since its local and easy to get warranty support etc. If you want to go a more serious coilover the next level something like shockworks which are leagues above all those entry spec ones you will buy.

I

Nah I haven't checked

Im after some quality set, I'm willing to stretch my budget from $1000 to $2000 max do you think shockworks would be best for my budget?

In that case yes definately I would highly recomend shockworks they are 1800. I am using them on my r33 drift car and I have had cusco then bc and the shockworks are in a different league they really are that good. The amount of feedback you feel from your suspension as you drive is what really hit me first time driving with them. Being local aswell they are always happy to give advise on setup, make custom changes for your request and rebuilds are really cheap. For the price you pay for them you wont find anything come near it at a similar price. If you are in melbourne you can go to them and they will take you for a drive through the twisties in there r34 test car which is stock with just the coilovers and you will definately be impressed.

Someone told me they're really good as well and coming from someone like yourself that used them I think you just convinced me lol thanks a lot I'll have a look at them. I have a 32 drift car and slowly building it so I can compete in SA next season, if you don't mind me asking what arms setup and knuckle you got in your? I was thinking going Gktech but heard good and bad about and driftworks, powered my MAX are they overpriced or what? What do guys on here run on there R chassis?

powered my MAX are they overpriced or what?

How can something that's only ~$1000 be overpriced? You seriously expect to be able to buy a full set of springs, dampers, upper and lower mounting hardware for much less?

I mean sure, all these cheap coilover kits are nasty, so from that point of view you're buying a polished turd, which by definition means it's overpriced. But expecting to get it for $800, or $750? A single good quality damper costs nearly that much on its own.

No I'm not talking about overpriced coilovers for 1000? Like I said I'm willing to pay up to $2000 for a set. I'm talking about their arms and knuckles by MAX, driftworks and all the big named company are they as good as their prices just wondering if you guys used them?

Someone told me they're really good as well and coming from someone like yourself that used them I think you just convinced me lol thanks a lot I'll have a look at them. I have a 32 drift car and slowly building it so I can compete in SA next season, if you don't mind me asking what arms setup and knuckle you got in your? I was thinking going Gktech but heard good and bad about and driftworks, powered my MAX are they overpriced or what? What do guys on here run on there R chassis?

Yeah mate all the guys that have made the switch to shockworks have not looked back everyone has been impressed. On my setup adj arms I'm using driftworks for camber traction castor arms and knuckles are JDI (place in melb) alot of victorian drift scene guys use them for S/R chassis. Ive had the drifworks arms for 3 years now and still fine no problems, gktech arms from what I have seen tend to be alright it was more the alloy knuckles which had some problems.

Thanks a lot for the tips..!! I'm running jdi knuckles on mine as well great stuff really happy with what they did ton mine. Do you know who's the distributor for driftworks in Australia apart from shop cartel?

I only know of cartel in Aus but I get mine direct from driftworks it works out cheaper then cartel and usually prob quicker since they ship with fedex i have it in a 3or4 days from ordering.