SAU Community

Dota2

sonnyQ

Any DOTA players in here? After holding off for ages I have just bitten the bullet and installed it and have played around 20 games so far.

Played a lot of HoN back in the day, and got up to near 2000 PSR, but started to rage too much (much to the GFs dismay) and got rid of it.

Username is CB3 if anyone is up for a game. Have been playing Lich, Lion and Dragon knight in limited pick to get used to the game and characters but I am getting to the stage where I will start branching out...too many noobs :P

i've been getting into it, but starting out is hard because you get lumped in limited pick or AP games with the new and just plain horrible players.

Have branched out into my old HoN players such as Mirana.

I like to play support/ganker any recommendations for characters?

i've been getting into it, but starting out is hard because you get lumped in limited pick or AP games with the new and just plain horrible players.

Have branched out into my old HoN players such as Mirana.

I like to play support/ganker any recommendations for characters?

One of the best ganker is Kunkka, one of the heroes I want to learn.

I usually use Spirit Breaker, he's easy to use. Just grab a BKB and charge in ;).

• 1 year later...

ok, so The International main event is starting in a few hours.

I couldnt care less about DOTA or valve or teams or whatever. but esports fascinates me in a mind-boggling kind of way. $20mil+ prize pool. over $18mil of that is taken from in-game purchases.

There are paid-entry screenings in each capital city in Aus. including one at Crown in melbourne for the final (kicks off at 2am local time I think), and for some reason I'm tempted to attend. I've watching maybe 20mins of a DOTA stream once before, but I think its just the draw that normal spectator sports have with added weirdness.

I like the streams where they have crowd audio, it's like going to any sports event, the crowd enhances atmosphere.

Wow 2 years since my last post. I play this game almost every day for fun (smurf account, 400 MMR goodness).

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
13 hours ago, kylemurray said:

Can you tell us what has changed in the game over the last 3 years?

A lot. New heros, map redesign, more items, hero abilities changed somewhat.
Have to play to learn all the new things and changes.

• 6 months later...