SAU Community

How Much Boost Can R33 Internals Handle?

Timtam72

Hey guys just wondering how much boost the internals of my series 2 r33 can take, I'm currently debating on which to do; hi-flowing my turbo or just get a new one but I want to know how much boost the engine internals and all that sort of stuff can take? And also what parts will I have to upgrade? I'm planing on running 10psi low boost and 18psi or so for high boost.

Thanks heaps! Also what's the highest safest boost to run on the stock turbo since its ceramic I keep hearing different numbers I was running 10 pound but I put it up to 13 today just to feel the difference.

Hey guys just wondering how much boost the internals of my series 2 r33 can take, I'm currently debating on which to do; hi-flowing my turbo or just get a new one but I want to know how much boost the engine internals and all that sort of stuff can take? And also what parts will I have to upgrade? I'm planing on running 10psi low boost and 18psi or so for high boost.

Thanks heaps! Also what's the highest safest boost to run on the stock turbo since its ceramic I keep hearing different numbers I was running 10 pound but I put it up to 13 today just to feel the difference.

There is no set number anyone can offer you given the variables from setup to setup, engine and turbo age, fuel type, tuners ability etc etc...

Stock turbo's dont generally like too much boost for too long... I run 28psi through my stock engine and it gets punished on the track pretty hard... In saying that i have done every supporting mod possible, the only thing i havent touched is the internals really...

Has nothing to do with Boost

What do you think will be harder on the motor

A GT55 at 10psi or the standard turbo at 10psi

He did mention stock or hi flo... So it will only do so much!

Thread closed. Believe it or not, but since SAU started more than 7 years ago, this topic has been discussed before.

Please use the search function in future. It may be found here:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&search_in=forums

While we understand that it can be frustrating to have your thread closed - Please consider that other members may feel it to be disrespectful and selfish of you to post a simple question, without using the search feature to review the wealth of information provided by said members over the years.

If you still feel that this action is unjust, then please PM me and we can discuss it further.