SAU Community

Mattz 97 R33 Gtr Build

So as i have stuffed the first post up. i thought id be able to edit it and then put all my build information in so far. but oh well it will have to be a post down.

Whilst driving home. first thing i noticed is.
the Brakes.
im going to have to do some research and find what a good street upgrade is but thats definetly one of the first thigns i want to upgrade. as they really dont seem to be good enough for the amount of power this things got.

As everyone knows i owned a 1996 S2 R33 GTST manual for not evena year. i basically did all the bolt on modifications sproosed up the engine bay and realised. why waist so much money on this when. i coudl sell this put a bit of my savings into it and get a gtr that i can Do up. Modify and upgrade for a very long time.

Im definitely in no rush to do anything performance wise yet. as id really like to get used to the power before upgrading if i ever want to at all.

Engine bay is Dead stock apart from having the boost restrictor removed. according to owner who didnt do it but previous owner had.

Also the clutch had been replaced by the previous owner, with a twin plate clutch. This is very aggressive and definetly the heaviest clutch ive used in a car before. and the second it starts to grab its grabbed.

The wheels are 9.5 on the front and 10s on the rear i am not happy with the wheel fitment so will be looking into getting same sized wheels and tyres ect but with a different offset to bring them out closer to the guards. any reccomendations would be greatly appreciated.

Tomorrow ill pull it out and get some good photos. and i am very happy with the car so far. and the sound it makes is EARGASM

It only has a 3.5" Cat back exhaust. and a de cat pipe. with fake cat welded over it. which i will look into and replace with a stainless hi flow cat..

So here is the pictures i currently only have of the GTR i will as stated get more tomorrow.

20141223_174423_zpsd9d60819.jpg

20141223_183309_zps56edf20d.jpg

20141223_183345_zps7cd45283.jpg

they dont do the front end justice. its really nice and the paint has been resprayed 2 years ago.

I think the first thing im going to do. engine/running wise is give it a full service even though it was recently done. ive looked into alot of oils and beleave ill go with a 15w50 oil as i see alot of people using this. unless you guys reccomend differently. also a brand would be great. fully synthetic im guessing?

but first thing im goign to get a 400lph walbro e85 compatible pump.or the 460? ive heard some install.

• 4 weeks later...

Engine bay needs alot more work to be in my liking but. got a pair of pods and elbows very cheap. all i need is some nice new red filters to amke it look better.

Plan on getting the Twin turbo pipe and the elbows sandblasted and cleaned up and powder coated black.

My GTR had the twin turbo badge missing so i also purchased a 2nd hand one from the same guy i got the pod elbows from.

2015-01-18143158_zps33c64786.jpg

I know the pods arnt best and factory box is much better. but id rather these.

As you can see they look nice and are my favourite of the Pods and elbows you can get for the 33s.
20150118_135102_zps4c9fad0c.jpg

And a full engine bay shot. not happy with it but so you guys get the idea. of what im working with. as you can alll see visually theres alot of room for improvement. so perfect for me i be leave.

20150118_135046_zpsbf00d3d0.jpg

need to relocate the position of where the owner or installer placed the alarm... very unhappy with that. like why?? why not try tuck it in somewhere lol

as i got the elbows cheap i also do need to make up some brackets to hold them furmer.

Previous owner stupidity up to date

i beleave there is 8 Coilpack bolts or so maybe 6 cant remember all i know is there was only 3 holding them all down.
When i went to pull the AFMs off to attach to my Pod Elbows. Easiest to get to AFM tight. Hard to get to hose clamp on bottom AFM Lose. AFM pulled straight out.

Earth wire on back of coilpack cover for igniter loose..

More to come as i find them lol.

Ordering in some Redline heavy gear old for my gearbox to hopefully smoothen out some shifting problems ive been happening.

Opinions welcome and all information given taken into consideration. i lvoe feedback.

NEED to get rid of my 9.5x 18s and 10x 18s to get a clean set of 10s all round for the AWD system to be happy....also another previous owner fault...

• 1 month later...

Been very slow. no action with teh car as of yet except purchasing a new fuel pump. coming from Aftermarket Industries. getting the 460LPH walbro fuel pump.

OEM pump finally shat itself. been starting the car once a week for a good 10 minutes. letting it warm up ect. until 2 weeks ago when the fuel pump died.

walbro%20460%20fuel%20pump-233x228.jpg

To Be Continued

So on Wednesday i got home from work and had the Fuel pump sitting on the kitchen table.

20150304_173836_zpsomkffikk.jpg

Couldnt resist and installed it Thursday night after work.

prior to this on the Monday i removed all my Cold side pipe work. gave them all to take to my uncles work were he Sandblasted them for me.

This was them after sandblasting all ready to prime up.
20150307_141145_zpsfegyqdsn.jpg

Just after the first coat of Primer.
I did 1 more coat and let it dry for 1 hour.

20150307_143247_zps60v9rtf8.jpg

This is after the First coat of Paint.

20150307_173010_zpsgblslbma.jpg

Three Photos below show the Before. After shots of the pipes. very happy with the result.

Also will be painting the Intake Plenum the same color and the Cam Covers will be a surprise very excited though. they wont be coming off For a while though.

Very slow process :D

20150118_135102_zps4c9fad0c.jpg

20150308_114357_zpsvyfe0rrs.jpg

20150308_114348_zpsuxuo0f4r.jpg

• 1 month later...

Update.

Orderd a S3 front lip through kudos motorsport.

got it early this week. and had to put it on this weekend. havnt un tarped her for a little bit. she needs a wash but had no time at all.

what do you guys think. keep it plastic OEM black
paint it gloss black.
Or paint it Silver.

heres some pics :D

PS i love the sound of my new Pods never drove it properly when i installed them

20150411_115624_zpsopgf8k26.jpg

20150411_115616_zpsuscf9hl7.jpg

20150411_115602_zpsxfuhjwtr.jpg

20150411_115743_zpsmg1hjsiu.jpg

Next on the list definitely is new rims.