SAU Community

25/30 Questions

carbonfiber

the block, crank and rods are the same for the a6 and a8 engines, the only difference is the Pistons.

If you plan on leaving the bottom end stock you should use the a6 bottom end cause you will get a better compression ratio.

for the head, if you have a skyline I'd just use the head you have in your car

The same mods for the 33 head I believe, I went with a 33 head on my build, after it was finished and the money was spent I found out that the Neo head flows better than the 33 head and has solid lifters and VCT, the VCT trumps the 26 head.

So a neo head on a 30 block is a win win win situation.

To use the r33 head in your r33 you'll need the usual head modifications (weld up vct feed hole and run a line to replace it) apart from that it's a bolt on

to use a neo head in your r33 you'll also need to change the wiring harness and ecu

To run the neo head in an r33 you need to swap the cas wires and vct plug.

I assume you would be using a tuneable ecu.

Ps.

I have a neo head already modded for use on an rb30 block (welded vct feed and coolant gallery built up for correct gasket seal, external vct feed line included)

Noe head gives you much better compression, along with solid lifters, less oil up in the head.

Pmd re head, rather than claiming this as my for sale thread I will focus in reasons why the neo head is better.

And another reason neo is better, no silly head drain ar the front as neo vct works better.