SAU Community

R34 Gtt Fault Code 12 & 33

rcs_888

Hey Guys,

Been having the Check Engine Light coming on and off. When starting up the car in the morning it idles nicely and no real problem but then after a while and as the car warms up it starts to cough and splutter abit. So took it down to a mate and scanned the ECU and came up with fault #12 Airflow meter short or open circuit and the second code it came up with was #33 O2 Sensor.

So we cleared the computer and i drove home and no codes came up but i must say that i was giving it some abuse on the way and no light came back on and then the missus and i went for a drive for lunch etc and just cruising home it decided to come back on so im guessing at cruising speed the O2 sensor is dead so might just buy another one.

As for the AFM being a short or open curcuit we wobbled the plug and pins and the light is still on etc could the AFM have died or is it more possible for it to be a wiring issue somewhere? I searched google for others with the #12 fault and not many people seem to have an issue so i didnt manage to find anything.

can someone shed some light for me?

Cheers Guys

Okay so after a bunch more reading and chatting to a mate who borrowed the car he blew off an intercooler pipe while driving it and decided to just disconnect the AFM to just limp it home. Love finding out about this after the fact.. lol and ive given it shit an never blown one off??? oh well. So I'm guessing that is why i had an Open Circuit Fault.

So I have done the paper clip trick and it only came up with fault #33 so I'm guessing now that its been reset and no AFM disconnected its possibly just the O2 sensor fail. I also found this http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/219569-r34-oxygen-sensor-test/ so i did this and i didn't even get 1 flash so im guessing it is completely dead. picking up a new one tomorrow. So sorry for thread it can be deleted if admin wants