SAU Community

Blown my Clutch

hey guys i need any info or suggestions on a new clutch as possible. my went on me last night in all gears but 1st (and 1st is slipping) so i need a new clutch asap as i have no way of getting around. however my budget is severaly limited so 1k for a clutch is completely out of the question, i need a heavy duty clutch as i will be upping the boost soon anyway. so if anyone knows where to get a good heavy duty clutch without breaking my small budget plaese let me know asap!!!

also any websites u can suggest would be great. ive tried just jap and im looking at about $700 for a good one and $550 for a decent one.

cheers guys.

Andrew.

I have a Exteme single, cushioned mutliple ceramic button one, with a heavy duty pressure plate.

It has seen much abuse and 40,000km of life, and still feels great and doesn't slip

They are about $550 from memory

did you get it from horsepowerinabox.com??? becasue they have that exact clutch for $550

i have heard mixed reports about the extremes but most are hearsay so its good to hear a 1st hand oppinion. what mods have you got???

how much was it to install??? im not sure how much im going to get hit up for installation, proably a few hours???

I got mine from Adelaide Clutch Services, who make them and supply Horsepowerinabox etc.

Cost me about $220 for it to be installed, but I also got a lightweight cromoly flywheel as well so I didn't need any machinging done of the original - I'd say at a guess $250-300 to install it.

Mods are HKS 2510 turbo and all the usual bits, making 200rwkw

A mate of mine (Freebaggin) is making 280rwkw through the same clutch, and whatisname is making 299rwkw, both cars have run 12 sec 1/4's and the clutch has survived no probs

They are a good clutch, and providing you don't ride them they will last for a long time. Ceramic type clutches don't last long if you ride them lots.

I drive mine everyday in city traffic, and after a day or so you get used to the grabbines of it

For the price they are terrific

Chris

hahaha so u drive it gently then?? lol.

well this seems like a pretty decent deal. i'll look into it a bit further, but so far the it seems like the best.

yeah it get driven around like I have my mum in the car..............:rant:

I would say for the money, you will be hard to find a better clutch IMHO

If you really need to drive the car but dont have the money for a heavy duty you could always just go for a standard clutch for the meanwhile they are much cheaper. Yeah clutches are a bitch, a decent heavy duty and installation u are looking at like $800ish. Your other option is that nissan patrol 4WD clutches also fit into r33 gts-t's...and they are supposed to be heavy duty and the price is pretty good aswell so you could try that, there are posts in SAU about the nissan patrol clutch, how much it costs and the exact model to order....

ok ive sourced one from melbourne, its an exedy heavy duty ceramic button clutch. for $400 shipped.

i just hope that it is my clutch that is blown, and not something else, i dont want to find out that after fitting it that it was just my slave cylinder.

but seeing as it grabs occasionally but most often just revs out in whatever gear ive selected i cant see what else it could be.