SAU Community

Opinions/help - Hdi Boost Control Type D Se

Hello.

Put simply, I was given this Dual stage EBC From my mate. Still brand new in the box ( Win! )

I have installed it, as per instructions.. at least my interpretation of the instructions.

Basically, I just want to double check I have done it correctly, and what I should run it at/what is best etc

I have the standard Ecu, Turbo back 3" Exhaust. and a pod filter.

I am aware the issues with winding the boost up too far and the ecu going "Emo" I have set it on 7psi and 11.

Doesn't seem to like 11 too much, but holds both, no spikes etc.

im not concerned with the wiring side of things, that was easy. just the solenoid etc

This is what the instructions said, atleast what I think they said, it seems to be all working ok, just need a comfirmation/advice from people who have had more experience as I am a Noob

post-134861-0-13468300-1424682718_thumb.jpg

post-134861-0-37765800-1424682725_thumb.jpg

The instructions say to because almost all cars have an FPR, but many turbo cars don't necessarily have a boost gauge. Boost gauge tapping point is less of a problem for the engine if you spit/split the hose. FPR hose is a big problem if you open it up under load.

ok, i am glad, that i used a different hose and didn't hack up the original. so put the hose back on the FPR, and use the factory boost gauge line. it doesn't like the higher setting too much. i am guessing because of this reason?

it doesn't like the higher setting too much. i am guessing because of this reason?

No. It doesn't like 11 psi because R33 ECUs are emofag window-licker sooky lala pieces of shit. Look up "R&R" which is "rich and retard" for your ongoing education about your car.

ok, i am glad, that i used a different hose and didn't hack up the original. so put the hose back on the FPR, and use the factory boost gauge line. it doesn't like the higher setting too much. i am guessing because of this reason?

now you need one of your other mates to give you an aftermarket ECU or at a minimum a Toshi modified/reflashed stock ECU.

You've opened a can of worms. I suggest run lower boost so the stock ecu is happyish and instead of spending money on any more parts put it in the bank. Marry a nice girl and buy a house one day.

LOL...

spot on, these cars are money pits.. they're worse than a drug addiction

Lol.. yeah, I have a wife and a house.

Never owned a turbo car before so this side of things is new.

Not my first modified car though.

I use this as my family car, I have a baby seat in it at all times. ( for those days we go somewhere that is a nice cruise ) Otherwise we have a VZ.

Turned it down, car is happyish now.

Just got to move the vacuum line. And it's all good :)

Edited by CaptainFresh

if you want a bang for buck ECU "reflash" (I use that term loosely as it's actually more than just a flash) contact a tuner name Toshi (he's also a business sponsor here).

He has off the shelf ECU remaps for basic mods such as more boost, FMIC, exhaust, etc.. and it's pretty cheap.