SAU Community

Hail! Friggin Mess...

GTR-N1

I have to check Maria's Volvo in a few mins as it was too dark to look last night.

But my Mum's Mazda 2 looks like a golf ball.

12-03-15_zpst2ufnv7h.jpg

...taken by a friend from my church. I believe that as well as Faulconbridge and West Springwood, Bilpin got hit.

* Edit:- Sorry, wrong section. Time to check Volvo now...

• Like 1

This is my front yard terry. Worst thing my skyline was out i dont have a garage it has a cover on it but by the size of the hail im a little bit worried. Haven had the chance to look at it yet prooerly in the sun but im scared

post-136222-14261910221836_thumb.jpg

Yeah we certainly do. Yeah all insured but if it is damaged i dont wanna go through inscurence if i can help it. Dont want my car being listed as hail damaged.

Adrian and Dale, I was thinking about you both because the SAUers further down the hill didn't cop anything. Just the front that dumped on Faulconbridge, W. Springwood and I believe Bilpin too.

I haven checked yet still at work if its that bad but im only assuming it is :( benifits of being in the car game though i know one of the paintless dent removers out

my old N/A that got COMPLETELY f**ked by hail.

The roof is complete bog hahahaha

new bonnet,

new boot,

new front and rear windshields,

fresh paint.

Was not fun. all from hail about that size Terry.

the hail literally went straight through the rear windshield. Didn't even crack the glass, it punctured through like a hole punch.

This was recorded about 4 houses down. The storm that did the damage.

I haven checked yet still at work if its that bad but im only assuming it is :( benifits of being in the car game though i know one of the paintless dent removers out

If you got hail the size Terry showed, and your car is outside, it be completely f**ked im sorry to say.

Well the hail didn't break the sunroof so thats a plus just have to see what other damage it done. I should be home before the sun sets so ill have a look at it then

These are a couple from a friend who lives 3 doors down the street from us;

11041832_602534809884141_334882139307593

I was still at work, so the Stagea is fine, but when Shell heard the hail, she raced out to bring her car up into the garage.

Stepped outside and promptly got beaned in the head by a large hailstone, and in the shoulder by another.
Retreated to the house, and rode it out.

Her car was under a very leafy tree and this appears to have dampened the impact, but we still have at least 20 deep dents all over her little Mazda.
It was covered in shredded leaf litter, and a couple of large tree branches.

We're insured with Shannons, and they were great to deal with; they'd notified my repairer before I'd even had a chance to ring & arrange an inspection.

It's not insured for much; I think they'll probably total loss the car, and pay us out. Ideally they'll leave us with the car, and limit us to 3rd party for the future.

This would suit me, as we're about 6-12 months from replacing the car anyway; I don't want to have to purchase a new car right now.

I can't imagine what yours must look like Terry; at least we had a bit of protection from the tree.

• Like 1

Shell was lucky to get back inside haha, hope she is ok :)

How were your houses guys? No tile damage or anything else?

Goodluck to everyone on their insurance claims and that it goes smoothly.

Ok damage report new windscreen massive crack on it 2-3 massive dents on roof and quite a few smaller one same goes for bonnet and boot. Now claim insurance or get my dent repairer mate for a cashie

PDR is pretty advanced these days.

My jeep grand was hit all sides a couple of years ago. They repaired it completely with PDR for less than $5k within 5 business days.

The repair was fantastic and you couldn't tell it was ever damaged.