SAU Community

Grounding Kit For V36 (rhd)

I'll put it like this: The factory airbox works fine. But if you put a stillen CAI on there, nobody would question you decision. Just because the stock ground works, it doesn't mean there aren't better options out there.

Not sure I agree with that comparison. Your greatest impediment in the intake path is the filter, not the pipework. With your cables being additional pipework, poking more points of air entry into your intake by means of more pipes won't do a thing if you still have that impediment in the path.

With your grounding, unless you have corrosion/rust at any of your existing ground points (akin to a resistive air filter), those electrons aren't going to flow any differently when the minimum requirements are met. This is much like the debate about Monster Cable vs regular/more affordable oxygen free copper cable. They both push along electrons. The question is, does one do it so much better over the other? Will that extra 0.01V in a nominal 13.8V system really make that solenoid actuate that much better? My professional opinion, no.

Therefore, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. If, like Monster Cable users out there, you perceive a difference, then by all means enjoy. For anyone else thinking about it, take all the information on board and if you're still keen to experiment with it in the name of science, go for it. Be your own judge.

My point is that if all OEM stuff was perfect, there would be no need for aftermarket parts at all.

No argument there. I just don't believe it applies to all components, particularly the minor ones, unless you're talking about a bloody Ford. :P

Yeah.. worth a try, even if it is just curiosity.. if you can make up your own cables, it will be much cheaper!. see if you can get hold of the install instructions for the real kit. If you just connect them to random spots, you can cause problems!