SAU Community

Good Suspension Place ??

B-Man

(I've already posted this in the NSW section, but thought I might get a better response here)

I'm looking at getting my suspension looked at (potentially replaced) because it squeakes badly - There in nothing wrong with the ride (albeit a little stiff) But the noise 5hits me.

I've had it all out and apart myself, lubed to up - But the noise came back.

Any one recoemend a place in Sydney ?? (I was thinking of Pedders)

Cheers,

PS - It's Tanabe suspension in an R33

If its a creaking noise when u turn the wheels on the spot, or say a clunking noise when u do a full turn, its probably the bushes, I should be getting my baby back today/tomorrow from hills, having the bushs and shocks (koni yellows yumyum) replaced.

I have to say Whiteline out at Minto did a sensational job with my car. I now have their works package.

With stock boost and I/C, only filter, cat back exhaust and falken 451 tyres i was lapping Wakefield in 1:15 and EC in 2:01. with me being nothing special behind the wheel. At Wakefield that was just on 4 sec improvement. (I think about 0.5 to 1 sec goes to driver improvement over the two occasions)

Car still very streetable as my car is still a roadcar, and there handling kits with just bushes, and swaybars made a lge difference in my handling, and is pretty cheap, although i couldnt stop there i wanted the Bilsteins etc.

Has anyone got anything bad to say about Whiteline, i havent heard ay negative feedback, i found their price, service and after sales support excellent.

Funnily enough, my car has a full whiteline suspension package. It sold the car. Drove other cars with standard/slightly modded suspension and they were crap by comparison.

Just my 2c

Cheers.

I always go to Whiteline for my suspension stuff. They did a good setup on my Commodore a few years ago (bushes, front strut brace, and f/r swaybars fitted) and recently sold me a good set of Bilsteins with Whiteline coils for the Skyline.

They aren't perfect though, their swaybays look kinda flimsy (but better than nothing) and the upright connecting rods on the swaybars were very weak on the Commodore and bent easily but they might have fixed that design flaw by now. Other than that they're streets ahead of any other suspension place I've been to. When I can afford it I'm going to get their swaybar/bush kit for the Skyline.

I wouldn't go to Pedders, they're over-priced. The same Bilstein/spring setup from Pedders would have cost me $200 more if I bought it from them, obviously not Whiteline springs but something similar. And their labour was about $30 more than Whiteline for fitting it (I did the fitting myself anyway so saved a couple more hundred).