SAU Community

24th August S A U N S W Trackday South Circuit Championship Round 2

crashdown

Houston we have a problem ! ! !

After months of anticipation and a shit load of car preparation in the last couple of weeks (full fluid change, discs machined, new pads, seat and harness mounts improved and lots of little issues fixed including mounting a set of Pirelli wets on new rims just for the rain that is forecast) we were doing one of our system check runs yesterday to discover we now have a bearing failure.

Unlike most Skylines with bearing problems ours is in the turbo and it is making a hell of a racket as soon as it tries to come on boost.

In addition to the entry fee we have invested money in accommodation and van hire for the day (for all of our stuff) so we will still attend but will be in a hairdressers car (e.g. 4 cylinder daily). We will still have some semi's and wets to run on the car so if it is wet we still may be able to keep up with traffic in our respective groups.

See you on Monday.

Hey All,

Any suggestions on tyre pressures for a wet rainy coldish day?? Should it just be left normal or would you guys consider a change for this type of weather??

Im pretty sure my pathetically slim and cheap tyres are gonna struggle, need all the help i can get :0

Thanks

• Like 1

Hey All,

Any suggestions on tyre pressures for a wet rainy coldish day?? Should it just be left normal or would you guys consider a change for this type of weather??

Im pretty sure my pathetically slim and cheap tyres are gonna struggle, need all the help i can get :0

Thanks

I was thinking the same thing!

Hey All,

Thanks

Leave them at normal pressure you would run on street then adjust as you go

Normally in the formula fords we run them a little higher, you think of it as an ice skate, you want a nice edge to cut through standing water ect. If only damp you normally run them on a preassure you are aiming to get to when fully warmed up in the dry.

So if in the dry you want your tire temps at 25psi and normaly to get that you would start at 23psi, you would just start them at 25psi and check when car returns from session and bleed until you hit that 25psi.

Also my daily will be used. My 200kw R33 so hoping to crack a 10 if not to went considering my underpowered R32 gets mid 15's

ECU never turned up. See you all there

Hey All,

Thanks

Not sure what sort of tyres you have, but I'd put at least 40psi cold in there. You can always let air out.

Not sure what sort of tyres you have, but I'd put at least 40psi cold in there. You can always let air out.

Hey Mate,

This sounds like the way to go, especially considering Calsonic14u's comments.

fyi, ive got Gemstone 215's all round, on17's. I know what you're thinking....wtf, wat a noob. But they came with the car and like 95% tread so i thought id rpi them up quick then upgrade. Never anticipated the rain though :no:

Lol DW im running a second hand set of Pirelli on the rear and Re001 on the front on 17s atm on my daily, needless to say i wsnt planing on running her tomorrow lol.

my tires are set atm at 36psi all round, probably wont be bleeding at all haha. dont even think im taking tools :P