SAU Community

Winfield Chassis #5 1:18 Models

GTR-N1

The Limited Edition Die Cast Winfield Chassis #5 1:18 Models have been discontinued for years (I've been told).

Apparently so few were made that they attracted prices that fetched just under $1,000. I believe they came with numbered certificates (for what they're worth). I have no idea since I'm new to this.

Well it seems that the company that brought out the above Limited Edition has been taken over. What's more, the takeover company has located the mould. And furthermore this company has been manufacturing a new batch of the Winfield Chassis #5 godzillas.

Now I have no idea as to whether there's any difference between this '92 model or the model that preceded it in '90/'91. All I know is that they're due for release in shops on 27/4/15.

I'm also aware that the rrp will be about $245. But I can obtain them for $195. I'm presuming that whilst the original release models were certificated, many of those owners may be quite disgruntled.

I must admit that I'm not familiar with business ethics here; right or wrong. Any thoughts? If ethical, should I try to negotiate further in case of a Group Buy?

The original ones where made by kyosho to be sold through biante back in the early 2000's if I remember correctly. They were limited to 4020 unit produced. The new ones from autoart use the new tooling that was created for the ATC cars that were realeased a few years ago. Much to biantes displeasure Autoart are re releasing the bathurst winners as part for their history of gtrs program and are a worldwide release so I don't think they will have a limted number, maybe jut a certificate with a serial number on it.

Since the release of the the new ones was announced the value of the old kyosho ones dropped quite dramatically because they really only appeal to people who are collecting the original bathurst winners collection.

Thanks Chris for this news update.

Terry-173_zpslicwmyv7.jpg

This, I bought with the 1990 livery...

Terry-171_zpswuovwuqh.jpg

...to match my poster of 1990/1991 Nissan Motorsport paraphernalia.

I intend to look at the quality of the new release one. I would appreciate your feedback too Chris - or from any other SAUers.

• 3 weeks later...