SAU Community

Clutch Replacement

Hey all, thanks for you comments. 

My clutch is slipping and the mechanic says it needs to be replaced. 

He is saying it will cost $4k+ to do the job which seems expensive. That is for a dual mass flywheel unit. 

Is this price silly? 

Reading above I could change to a single mass flywheel unit to save some coin.

Car is a 370GT.

@Toblerone - As mentioned previously I have an Australian Clutch Services - “Extreme” heavy duty single mass clutch installed in my GT350 since May & it is just fine. I got actually 3 different quotes for both single/ dual mass and all were very similar from 2200 to 2800. The Exedy Dual mass was slightly more expensive.
I don’t think the GT370 should be much different so 4k seems a bit much. I did not like my installers as I had too many delays/dramas but they were 2200.
I would strongly recommend Michael from Revolution Autogroup at Revesby as he knows these cars better than anyone  02 9773 1002 or 0404 167 230 
he will probably recommend the Exedy Dual Mass which was 2800 incl gst but that was for a 350gt. Hope it helps. Cheers Elie

for $4k I would be wanting something pretty fancy, like a dual plate setup or similar.

If you are looking around, just make sure you use the term 370GT, as a GT350 is a Mustang, and they might think down that path if you say GT370.

I suspect the 370Z unit would be the same?  can anyone confirm?

18 hours ago, ELFGT350 said:

@Toblerone - As mentioned previously I have an Australian Clutch Services - “Extreme” heavy duty single mass clutch installed in my GT350 since May & it is just fine. I got actually 3 different quotes for both single/ dual mass and all were very similar from 2200 to 2800. The Exedy Dual mass was slightly more expensive.
I don’t think the GT370 should be much different so 4k seems a bit much. I did not like my installers as I had too many delays/dramas but they were 2200.
I would strongly recommend Michael from Revolution Autogroup at Revesby as he knows these cars better than anyone  02 9773 1002 or 0404 167 230 
he will probably recommend the Exedy Dual Mass which was 2800 incl gst but that was for a 350gt. Hope it helps. Cheers Elie

Lol Yes Apologies it s/be 350GT & 370GT - I already made that mistake browsing & got Mustangs & other cars!. But I think you kniw what I mean! 

• 3 weeks later...