SAU Community

Anyone In Brisbane Know A "road Worthy" Guy?

Matthew Squarepants

Help get my car on the road, it's been 15 months!!

I've fixed a lot of things and all I need is a road worthy to get it on the road.

Only things that probably won't pass would be the hicas light showing up on the dash board, from disabling the hicas system (obvs) and maybe my diff which I've shimmed.

Would be great if anyone knew anyone or could point me in the direction of someone who would be able to help.

Cheers.

post-109327-0-32046700-1432554737_thumb.jpg

post-109327-0-23670700-1432554799_thumb.jpg

Oh cool how far up on northside? Do I need to drive the car to him cause it has no rego atm. Nothing wrong with the car at all besides the things I've mentioned and definitately will be pulling that hicas globe out ASAP.

Can legally drive the unregistered car to him, but you must have your CTP insurance cover with you, and an appointment with the roadworthy guy. Also need to have the application for rego forms with you (this last bit maybe not essential, but a good idea). You can then drive straight from your place to the mechanic, and then straight to the transport place for rego. They will give you plates, which you have 24 hours to fit, and a receipt which you can use for proof of rego till the rego certificate turns up in the mail (up to 2 weeks)

Edit: if the roadworthy place is a long way from you, then you might struggle to justify why you have to drive the unregistered car so far. Just something to consider.

The other option is mobile roadworthies. They usually charge $30-40 more than the standard roady

Edited by warps