SAU Community

R32 Gtst Dyno Results

Ok so my r32 is been getting tuned for the last 3 weeks now got a cool to day same it only made 130kw something do add up here.

It got haltech Ecu 440cc injectors gt25/30 full 3- 3 1/2 exhaust fmic spitfire coil pack big fuel pump fuel reg.

something don't add up that was 15psi.

Any one else had a shit tune done

My r32 has been getting tuned for the last 3 weeks. I got a call today saying it only made 130kw. Something doesn't add up here.

It has got a haltech Ecu, 440cc injectors, gt25/30, full 3- 3 1/2 exhaust, flick, spitfire coil packs, big fuel pump fuel reg. Etc.

Something thing doesn't add up. That was 15psi.

Has anyone else had a shit tune done?

• Like 1

^^ lol thanks for the english translation Ben :)

I'm sure in the history of skylines people have had a shit tune done before. But the motor may have other issues. What was the motor taking in terms of ignition timing at peak torque? post the dyno sheet as well.

What did the tuner say? Is he experienced with Haltechs? Yes, 130rwkw is even less than a stock skyline makes. Something's wrong, if the tuner couldn't point a finger at something find another tuner. He should have given you feedback on why he thinks it's so low.

• Like 1

That's funny because my r32 is been getting tuned for the last 3 weeks now got a cool to day same it only made 130kw something do add up here.

It got haltech Ecu 440cc injectors gt25/30 full 3- 3 1/2 exhaust fmic spitfire coil pack big fuel pump fuel reg.

something don't add up that was 15psi.

Any one else had a shit tune done

so I rang him yesterday and he told me that it is restricted some were and it's not cooling right. And then tell me he had tuned the boost up to 24 psi to see what it had I was lucky the head gasket didn't pop. So now all I now high boost is 18 psi at 180 something kw which is still pretty shit numbers for 18 psi I think. He then sends me a pic of the fuel leaking out of were then sender goes in he didn't want to fix it. For $20 o ring and 5mis and a pic of the exhaust manifold glow hot

I don't think he know what he is doing on rb and haltech

Edited by Fat533

And then tell me he had tuned the boost up to 24 psi to see what it had

15psi has a restriction AND not cooling right so lets try almost double the boost... pointless. diminishing returns. risking motor damage. what a genius.

find a haltech/RB expert.

trolling

not necessary :down:

I understand. The more structured information you give us the better.

How about you start from the beginning.

What did the tuner say is restricting it?

Have they dropped the cat?

By not cooling properly do you mean coolant or intake temps?

He said the exhaust manifold was restricting it and that its get red hot and that's all he told me bout cooling.

There is no cat just straight throw to muff that's it. I don't see how to would change all I did was put new motor in that's it. was running fine when I took it there just a bit on the lean side

it's not the exhaust manifold. RB20 and RB25 exhaust manifolds are identical, and on RB25s they flow 300rwkw without any problems. So it's absolutely impossible that it's causing a problem at 130rwkw!

If it's glowing red hot then it points to the timing being too retarded. retarded timing explains both the low power and the hot exhaust manifold.

question is why is it retarded, either it is knock limited or there is a restriction somewhere although it sounds like it's not the exhaust. if it was running lean then richening it up should have been the first thing he did.

silly question but you are running 98RON fuel right?

Yes was on 98ron I just don't know and was a s/s manifold but don't see that it would been much difference. I just had enough I just lost lost of $$$$ and now have to save to get it fix

Take to someone who is a bit more helpful. What state are you in?

Run it up on another dyno and check the afr's. Unless you can get the current tuner to give you the dyno graph with power boost and afr's.

Then post them up on here

I had a mate with a 180sx that suddenly lost power. You could also rev it and have flames come out the exhaust just by pumping the throttle at about 2500rpm. It turned out that the exhaust cam was snapped (but still holding together, just twisted a bit) and so the ignition timing was out relative to the cam.

I'd check the cam timing, as well as making sure the cam sensor is working.