SAU Community

Easy Ways To Get Good Kw Gains From An Rb26

Not so many Jap parts that come with the "made in japan" label on them, lots of big name performance part suppliers are using China, Korea and Taiwan to fabricate their parts.

Hell, even the big OEM brands are getting their parts made outside Japan, Nissan uses South Korea plants who do Hyundai, Toyota too I think.

Its not like when the low quality parts flooded the market 10 years ago, yes there is some rubbish out there but there is also lots of unbranded parts which have yet had their "big dollar brand name" painted on them.

It all comes down to QA and pricing.

There's money to be saved I've your a smart shopper and research.

Disclaimer: A $100 IC will most likely be rubbish but a IC which has the engineering and QA behind it may cost $250, after getting GREEDY painted on it $???.

Again my $250 IC loved 500hp, was not a restriction and was still efficient.

Haters gotta hate.

Smart people research.

Where do you get a GREDDY IC for $250? hahaha dreaming for a good quality GTR item for that.

Like i said cut them in half and check the fins i bet its nothing on the top branded IC.

Mate did "smart peoples research" and decided to buy 2 chinese turbos that could "flow" the required air for his v8.

Got them installed them - realised he had comp surge and as they couldn't flow enough - removed them. Installed Holset components (USA) and Japanese rear housing now they are no where near their limits.

Chinese junk turned into a beautiful hybrid.

Guess what - Turbos original cost $500 each. Turbo cost after rebuild $1500 each (total $2k).

There is your smart peoples shopping

Where do you get a GREDDY IC for $250? hahaha dreaming for a good quality GTR item for that.

Like i said cut them in half and check the fins i bet its nothing on the top branded IC.

Mate did "smart peoples research" and decided to buy 2 chinese turbos that could "flow" the required air for his v8.

Got them installed them - realised he had comp surge and as they couldn't flow enough - removed them. Installed Holset components (USA) and Japanese rear housing now they are no where near their limits.

Chinese junk turned into a beautiful hybrid.

Guess what - Turbos original cost $500 each. Turbo cost after rebuild $1500 each (total $2k).

There is your smart peoples shopping

Obviously your mate didn't research his items.

Any way, spend your money they way you want, me, I'll look around and find people who have purchased the items I'm looking at and make my derision from that.

Hopefully the OP can he some quality parts that can make power and save money building his GTST.

As for where I got my IC, Just Jap.