SAU Community

What is the deal?

noise

I have a 97 gts-t spec II type M with 74,000 km and I have advertised it for 4 weeks in various publications and have received a trickle of interest. I have been really surprised at the lack of interest, a friend of mine selling a really old corolla for $500 received about ten times more interest from only one ad.

I am sick of time wasters who act all interested then fail to even call back.

I am currently selling the car for $21k which is at least 2k less then a dealer would sell the same car for. A bargain price considering it would cost nearly that to import it yourself.

Is it normal for it to take ages to sell a skyline?

I am not in a rush as such to sell it but the longer it takes the longer I wont have a nice new car when I get my license back in 10 weeks from a DUI. :cheers:

is it a genuine m-spec? ei. no hicas, no abs, no air-con etc etc...?

if it has these parts maybe people think well its not an mspec...what else it wrong with it?

just a guess...

if it is an m-spec then i dont know...you just have to wait for the right buyer....lots of people get turned off by all the hassle of insurance and getting loan from a bank when the car isnt in the little red book. :)

goodluck with sale mate :cheers:

is it a genuine m-spec? ei. no hicas, no abs, no air-con etc etc...?

if it has these parts maybe people think well its not an mspec...what else it wrong with it?

just a guess...

if it is an m-spec then i dont know...you just have to wait for the right buyer....lots of people get turned off by all the hassle of insurance and getting loan from a bank when the car isnt in the little red book. :(

goodluck with sale mate :)

spec II type m ..i thought was the same thing as m-spec? was just a guess...

lotsa Skylines up for sale at the moment - lots of competition out there.

I had same when i went to sell ZX i got so sick of the tyrekickers that it now just sits rotting in my garage which is sad :(

Good luck mate :)

FFS Can someone confirm to me that an M-Spec is NOT a GTST without ABS/HICAS/AIRCON ??

The GTR N1 is the only model I know of that has deliberately excluded these items!

M-Spec/Type-M just is to distinguish turbo/front bar etc against the Type-S

As for selling the car tdawg, 21k is a good price, don't lower it, and sooner or later you'll get a real buyer, not a pimple-faced tyre-kicker!

what strichy has said, it took me a while to sell mine, your price is realistic , maybe put it in for 20999 always a good start?

also tried the freebies? quokka is good , I personally think that auto tradder is a waste of time i had my last 2 cars in the auto trader / paper, and i got 9/10 calls from paper and it sold through paper not auto trader

dependson how quick you wanna sell it , have you tried also silviawa.com do all the free ones and you never know they may be looking to upgrade , but i personally if it is not a matter of life and death hold out on it until you get a fair price, or decide how much you want to go down , ??

also as previously said i wouldnt worry about putting m spec in the advert , just 97 skyline lots of mods !! excellent car call ....... , filter out the tire kickers before hand ask them how they have finance, what sort of 'tests' they need to do on it , is finance approved or awaiting approval becuase it is very difficult to get finance unless its a non secured personal loan ?? sorry i may have gone off topic , but be firm , its your car !

a lot more market for a $500 corolla than a sports car.

People in perth really dont have that much money compared to bigger cities, so you just have to be a bit persistent. Dont try for too long though, sometimes it works out better to just lower your price as you may end up spending $500 in a matter of weeks in advertising alone.

there are heaps of uni students looking for corollas..heaps of performance car drivers looking for corollas for runabouts, thats why they sell like hotcakes. Plus they hardly ever die

raasclaat is right man - it is a hell of a lot easier to commit to buying a cheap car (especially as low as $500), that's just pocket change. I sold a Toyota Sprinter within two days of just putting a "for sale" sticker on the window and that went for $3200. There aren't that many ppl willing to commit to $20K + insurance etc. Not everyone is as silly as us :thumbsup:

If your not that desperate to sell it then don't drop your price too low, otherwise you'll just rip yourself off. You can always negotiate a lower price but never raise it above what you set in your ads.

Thanks for all the replies guys, I wont be dropping the price below $21k as I believe its already a good price.

I had it advertised in the sunday times and the quokka and got more calls from the sunday times of all places... Not sure if i want to put it in for another 4 weeks ill see how my quokka ad goes this week.

laters

kymbo is correct

all GTS25t (turbo r33 gts skylines) are typeM's

all GTS/GTS25 (non turbo r33 gts skylines) are typeS's

cruise control (rare) and abs were only an option on all r33's, so were airbags for pre 95 cars, all series2's have dual airbags std, and 95 series1's have at least drivers side airbag std. should definitely sell at $21k, give it some more time.

no such thing as an r33 m-spec, people must get it mixed up with typeM. the only m-spec is the r34 gtr nur/m-spec .

I was very ANGRY with auto trader!!

After trying to sell my VL commodore they were an absolute debarcle!! A circus!!

Got charged bout $70 for 2 weeks in colour.... told them i needed it in there for the next fortnight....

got next fortnights eddition and surely enough my car wasn't in there at all!!

Rang them up and told them and then they said it would be in the next one

bought the next edition and my car was in the smallest photo ever and in black and white!!!

once again complained and then finally the week after they put it in as a proper normal colour photo as requested.

As mentioned paid for 2 weeks of colour.... my car was never to be seen again in the auto trader.... only got to see it once in colour, i rang them up and told them and they said oh yeah umm not much we can do......

I ended up selling the VL however a reimbursement should have been organised for me as i paid 2 weeks in colour but only got 1 week.....

anyway theres my whinge for the day....

in the end i did sell the commodore...

it shouldnt matter once its complied, should only matter with getting it regod contact your NSW transport departnment, we can only really advise u on WA matters ,

and we all go under the federal governments compliancing rules, it isnt a state based thing, as for auto trader, they suck Paper works a treat always !! sunday, sat times, you will get a hit just be patient :D