SAU Community

Wtb: Oem 19 Inch Wheels

Hi guys,

Looking to buy 4 x 19 inch stockies from a v35 or v36 for my 35 sedan.

Rubber is currenty running low (bought the car with Nankangs, gross) and I figured 19s would be a nice upgrade from the standard 17s.

Have any of you done something similar?

I'm located in Sydney, Liverpool area; happy to cover shipping.

Cheers

post-140728-0-24223900-1437280667_thumb.jpg

post-140728-0-51774000-1437280682_thumb.jpg

I have no idea where you drive, what the roads are like, or how long each day / week you spend in the car, but I have 19's on my FG (35 profile tyres) and the ride quality is pretty harsh. Every bump is amplified. If I was buying again I'd get 18's.

Seriously, the factory 19" rims on my V36 are just fine and comfy with 40 and 45 profile tyres.

That's a high profile for a 19in rim. I run 45 profile tyres on my 18s to get the right overall diameter. The 19s should have 35 profile tyres I believe. Unless you are running something like 205 tyres.

19s with 45 profile tyres should feel the same as 18s with 45 profile tyres anyway.

Edited by sonicii

Nope. Rears are 245-40 and fronts are 225-45 - as specified by Nissan for the V36 SP. Keep in mind though, maybe the V36 SP has the good fortune of being designed with such an outer circumference and the V35s need to be a smaller outer circumference by contrast. I don't know the specs for a V35 so I guess it would have to be a lower profile and would harshen up the ride a little.

• Like 1

ah ok. the factory 18s on the V35 have 225/45 fronts and 245/45 rears. the stock 19s have 245/35.

The higher profile on the 19s on the V36 will make the ride about as smooth as the factory 18s on the V35.

245/40/19 is quite a big tyre. even the current commodore doesn't run a tyre that large.

I might be interested. Are the 19s in the same design as the second photo in the first post here or the first?

Yeah mate same as second pic which are the Type s/sp v36 coupe wheels

• 3 months later...

Just thought I'd chime in and give major credit to AsM for being a pleasure to do business with. If he ever has anything else to sell you, what you see is what you'll definitely get without any mucking around. I'm still not sure about the rims being black - very good paintjob though! Even if I do repaint them to OEM spec, it's still going to work out cheaper than buying a new set from the dealership!

Many thanks AsM.

• Like 1

Just giving credit where it's due. Forums are handy for informing people of whom to avoid but rarely are they used for who is recommended.

How badly are they buckled? They can't be reset at all?

Bugger. The only vibration I get is when I apply the brakes at high speeds. Then again, I do drive like an arsehole. :P

You'd want to be careful though because those vibrations carry through to other hardware in the chain that will prematurely wear or fail as a result. It's not just about what's happening at your steering wheel.

Edited by The Max

Hello! I am Actually selling my 19" Stockies. They have some rash and are plasti dipped black but I started peeling them off to sell them, then quit cuz I couldnt be bothered to peel them Lol.

They have achilles tyres wrapped all around with over 70% tread I'd say. 1300 ONO for all plus shipping if anyones interested.

post-141340-0-19893200-1447174784_thumb.jpg

post-141340-0-93899800-1447174784_thumb.jpg

post-141340-0-64591200-1447174785_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd chime in and give major credit to AsM for being a pleasure to do business with. If he ever has anything else to sell you, what you see is what you'll definitely get without any mucking around. I'm still not sure about the rims being black - very good paintjob though! Even if I do repaint them to OEM spec, it's still going to work out cheaper than buying a new set from the dealership!

Many thanks AsM.

Thank you for the kind words Tony but credit goes to you as well for being a hassle free buyer :)