SAU Community

Nulon Nationals Round 4 - 26th September - Final Drag Battle!

GTRKat

Cootamundra is the one Round I haven't attended over the past two yrs. I wish I had the time. But congratulations on a great result through efforts that were exemplary. Yes congratulations are in order! Great Club - great guys/girls.

Congratulations to RTDC for winnning the event. SAUNSW really showed the wide range of cars we have, from electric cars and daily grocery getters, to full blown race cars.

We really did use a big range of cars and can be proud of 2nd. We all must thank Nulon for putting on this event and allowing us to showcase ourselves against other clubs.

We now have the target of regaining the number 1 spot for next year.

well congrats to RTDC on taking out the championship then, I take it the bonus points relate to their choice to keep the same cars round to round which seems fair to me

Also I think SAU should be proud of coming home second, we had great involvement across a lot of club members, and I bet everyone enjoyed the events. And considering there are 10 clubs competing across 4 rounds I reckon it is a pretty serious competition so 2nd is great outcome.

And finally, well done to Nulon for creating and sticking with this concept....everyone go out and buy their oils!!!

imagine if you didnt blow up everyones cars :P

right fatz?!?!?!

I was really hoping to see KOVAL and WATEVR ( I am fairly sure I spelt that wrong and am sorry if I did ) race, I wanted to line up KOVAL before I broke my car :(

I think everyone did And they were about to but Koval wanted to race Ninos again!

Koval has done heaps of work to that at good to see him well amongst it.

He ran a 10.1@130mph a few weeks ago at WSID, I ran 10.8 133mph on 23-24psi with the H pattern box with no traction on a cold night on cold semis so with the better semis and the sequential with better ratios and modded transfer case should have allow me to use all 28psi would have made for a good race, 19psi with the head lifting saw me do 11.3 on my only ever pass at Coota

I think if WATEVR got the launch right he would have owned KOVAL though

Just wanted to say congrats to SAU and its members for a huge effort this year. The bonus points were put in place to stop teams stacking certain rounds, the choice to stack worked for SAU this year, But remember this, if you had 1 car that did all 4 rounds, you would of won by 30 points. 2016 will see a revised bonus points system (if any at all)

Please remember this event is designed to be fun first and foremost, those who get upset about it really should take a step back and realise that it is all meant to be a bit of fun and a good excuse to go away racing for the weekend. The event is still young, and i am learning new things every round. 2016 will be huge and limited spots will be open to general members of the public.

Thanks to everyone that gave up their time for this years series... We had a blast running it. Bigger and better next year, we are heading to some of the biggest tracks in Aus. Stay tuned for more info on this.

• Like 4

Massive thanks again to you Chris for involving us in this comp!

I'm not sure we had any cars capable of running all 4 rounds lol... :)

All good, I think a top effort to us and a big congrats to RDTC!

I managed to attend (unfortunately only spectate) 2 of the 4 events this year and had an absolute blast. Can't wait for next year.

Final standings folks!

Mat and I will be checking everyone out at the upcoming Texi and track events while we decide who to include in next year's team! What a good time to show your stuff and get involved!

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-29%20at%2010.53.

Just wanted to say congrats to SAU and its members for a huge effort this year. The bonus points were put in place to stop teams stacking certain rounds, the choice to stack worked for SAU this year, But remember this, if you had 1 car that did all 4 rounds, you would of won by 30 points. 2016 will see a revised bonus points system (if any at all)

Please remember this event is designed to be fun first and foremost, those who get upset about it really should take a step back and realise that it is all meant to be a bit of fun and a good excuse to go away racing for the weekend. The event is still young, and i am learning new things every round. 2016 will be huge and limited spots will be open to general members of the public.

Thanks to everyone that gave up their time for this years series... We had a blast running it. Bigger and better next year, we are heading to some of the biggest tracks in Aus. Stay tuned for more info on this.

Thanks Chris for putting in all the effort, for what its worth it really is a fun event and worth it just to spend some time with good friends and enjoy racing..

Dont worry RTDC i dont really think you cheated, but its not gonna stop me giving you grief about it.. :D

In all seriousness I think the points system was spot on, given there was only 24 or so point difference between 1st and 2nd over the whole event, if team SAU had have had a better run in the first round or had Turismo been available for the first round and not have the two fastest cars have mechanical issues in the second round then this series would have had a different outcome

I think it did a good job of leveling the playing field when putting up a club like SAUNSW that has been around for near enough 10 years with about 1000 members up against a club like RTDC that has been around for like 2 years with less then 150 members

I think it was a great series with some very good close battles

Hey Chris any thoughts on getting other clubs involved? Maybe lowest scoring club gets dropped and a new club is picked from a pool of interested clubs at random?

Yeah this is something we are looking at..i have a wrx club that are interested in joining next year. their application said something about Skylines being nuggets and they wanted to prove that" i think i might have to give them a spot.

i am also toying with the idea of opening a limited number of spots up to general members of the public. This means that people can purchase series entries at a good price and drive in all 4 rounds not linked to a club, but going for a drivers championship.

thoughts?