SAU Community

Anyone -7 Or -9 An Rb28?

I'm sure the dyno sheet would only tell half the story of how this thing behaves. Drive it through the hills with its tricky diffs and sticky tyres and it would be an absolute bullet. E85 and give it more boost through the middle would fatten it up even more but I'm not sure how much the peak figure would change.

Definitely want a drive!

• Like 1

Wish the speed reference was revs instead easier to read, anyone able to give rpm reference points?

That run would have been done in 3rd gear.

That's 22.5 km/h per 1000 RPM. (Close enough when factoring in tyre sizes)

90 km\h is 4000 RPM.

Out of interest, what makes you say it is in 3rd gear?

Because the dyno run went to 180 km/h which is the top of 3rd in a factory geared box. It's making peak power around 160 km/h which is 7000 ish RPM. If it was in 4th it's peak power would be like 5500 RPM (rough calcs) which isn't right.

Because the dyno run went to 180 km/h which is the top of 3rd in a factory geared box. It's making peak power around 160 km/h which is 7000 ish RPM. If it was in 4th it's peak power would be like 5500 RPM (rough calcs) which isn't right.

Hmmm I just look at it again, I'm an idiot. Thanks.

• Like 1

I'm sure the dyno sheet would only tell half the story of how this thing behaves. Drive it through the hills with its tricky diffs and sticky tyres and it would be an absolute bullet. E85 and give it more boost through the middle would fatten it up even more but I'm not sure how much the peak figure would change.

Definitely want a drive!

I agree.

Real world experience In this car would be the only true testament.

Even if it doesn't make more than 360kw peak it would have such a absolute meaty power band.