SAU Community

400 Hp And Standard Airbox?

jimmyjam

Hi all,

Question, is the R34 RB25DE Neo factory airbox the same as the DET Neo model? If possible i would like to run the standard air box :)

I'm not sure about that, however with regards to '400 Hp And Standard Airbox?', this is possible.

My GTT ran 275rwkw on the dyno with a closed standard airbox and a high flow filter and 285rwkw without airbox lid and filter. This is with a hard intake pipe from Scotty.

Quick question for those who have done it

How can you make the Z32 AFM bolt to the stock airbox which is designed for a smaller unit?

I mean, is there a legit way that most people do or are we just drilling and bolting nice and tight lol

I'm not sure about that, however with regards to '400 Hp And Standard Airbox?', this is possible.

My GTT ran 275rwkw on the dyno with a closed standard airbox and a high flow filter and 285rwkw without airbox lid and filter. This is with a hard intake pipe from Scotty.

Thanks V28VX37, What turbo were you using? supporting mods? Was the cold air feed still on the air box?

Thanks V28VX37, What turbo were you using? supporting mods? Was the cold air feed still on the air box?

Yes cold air feed still through the airbox in both cases. Full specs and dyno sheet here: http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/55845-rb25-turbo-upgrade-all-dyno-results/?p=7370873

Quick question for those who have done it

How can you make the Z32 AFM bolt to the stock airbox which is designed for a smaller unit?

I mean, is there a legit way that most people do or are we just drilling and bolting nice and tight lol

i thought the body of the gtst and z32 airflow meter were the same, just the range in the electronics is different

^^ pretty common these days, us Vic guys have been using as many stock parts as possible for years, stealth power is the goal these days.

400wkw is easy for the stock airbox with a good panel filter, I have seen nearly 500kw on a GTR box, but it did make 20kw more with the lid and filter removed.

A Z32 afm will bolt straight up to a gtt airbox, you just need to solder a (new) plug on for it.

• Like 1