SAU Community

Gts-4 Full Driveline Swap. Help?

Hey guys. I'm new to this site

I apologize if this has been covered in another thread but i have looked and have had no luck in finding anything.

I own a GTS4 Automotic non-turbo skyline. Worst combinations i know.

I have blown my engine, cracked the head.

Basically what i'm wanting to do is turn it into a drift pig for the track. I'm wondering if anyone knows if the GTS4 Chassis is the same as a GTS-t. I'm wanting to buy a doner car to salvage and do a full RB25det Manual driveline swap into the gts-4 as the GTS4 Exterior is pretty mint. Is the Auto gearbox crossmember currently in my GTS4 the same as one of a Manual GTS-T. Also will the GTS-t drop straight in without any modifications to the engine mounts etc. Please if you have any info on this let me know. Cheers in advance guys.

post-141349-0-22531600-1443165415_thumb.jpg

Skyline 4WD transmission is a somewhat different shape to the RWD box, hence the tunnel and the gearbox crossmember are quite different. It's not easy to fit a RWD box to an AWD chassis using OEM gearbox crossmembers. So you will have to fabricate something. The whole auto/manual part of the question is less trouble than the AWD part.

The RWD engine will fall into the bay without hassles.

There's a whole lot of other reasons why your idea is not great. Things like shitty brakes needing an upgrade, etc etc. You will end up spending more on the project than you expect and might be better off selling to someone who wants to build an AWD car (fake GTR thingo) and start with a workable RWD car as your basis. Much less pain in the long run.