SAU Community

Registering 25/30 R33 In Nsw?

Spud2530

Doesn't matter they will still put the engine number onto your rego papers by doing what I said

The current rta rule is you can increase the engine capacity by 20% without needing an engineers cert as long as the engine is from the same family as the original

Doesn't matter they will still put the engine number onto your rego papers by doing what I said

The current rta rule is you can increase the engine capacity by 20% without needed and engineers very as long as the engine is from the same family as the original

If they put the rb30 engine number, will he then get defected for having an rb25det setup attached to it?

No because he requires the pollution gear from the r33 to be fitted to it, if he removes the pollution gear from the car then he can be defected for not having that but not for the bottom end being changed.

It's the same as fitting an ls3 into a car that had an ls1

• 8 months later...

If they put the rb30 engine number, will he then get defected for having an rb25det setup attached to it?

and now to add to that, there is also a limit of 20% increase over factory power output too, see point 2 on page 3

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/roads/safety-rules/standards/vsi-06-light-vehicle-modifications.pdf

however if someone was to have a dyno sheet with a run done at say 50% throttle you could say hey look this is proof that the motor makes less power than the standard rb25det

Pea shooter exhaust, cam gears retarded, 7psi (or a boost leak), tune with no timing

Lots of ways to reduce power for engineering.

I drilled a hole in bung I'd used to block blow off valve to create a boost leak and passed wa pits with a setup that made twice the standard power.

• 1 month later...
yeah but the block is older than the car

Emissions controls for the Rb are all related to the head.

Mine was engineered with a high mount gt35 and 3.5" exhaust (big mufflers, no cheats to make it quiet), but mine was done years ago and I also had to go get it emissions tested. E85 and a nice big 400 cell cat or two helps make that easier.