SAU Community

R32 Gtr Thats Been Sitting For 3 Years,need Help To Start

fuel pump does making the priming noise though ? would it do that if it was seized ? i do actually have a spare fuel pump that i was going to put in my bluebird that i could possibly use if its not working.

also,why not the injector cleaner ? didn't think it could cause any harm but if can then i'll bin it lol

Inspecting fuel lines would happen before considering changing them.

Where you are at now is you really need to prove that one or two things work (like the ECU!, the starter, the injectors, etc) and dismantle for inspection a number of things that might cause you trouble. Those might be to disconnect the fuel lines at the front and rear and blow some air and/or clean fuel through them to see what comes out. If horrible, consider redoing them. If clean, celebrate and move on to the next subsystem. Cooling system hoses, thermostat, cam cover gaskets, sump gaskets, vacuum hoses under the inlet manifold, make sure the turbos will spin, etc etc etc etc. These and lots of other things might be in a workable state or they might be clusterf**ked after sitting around for years. Better off checking first, while it doesn't matter if teh car is going and while you can have more than one thing disassembled for a while for convenience and access.

Really rather not part it out but if I can't get it started with or with out help from someone I'll consider it i guess.oh and the ecu gave me 2 fault codes. I think there were error 26 and 49 . that's for vipec ecu. I did look it up but I can't remember what they were to be honest and km not at home to check.i have a feeling the starter motor any so good. I accidentally cranked it last night, with no fuel:/ and it attempted to crank but it sounded like the battery was dying but I just charges it. Was like that when I put the battery in years ago. Didn't take much cranking to kill the battery. Maybe wrong battery for the car? I'm pretty sure my mum bought it years ago for me lmao. I watchs the battery gauge and it drops a decent amount when cranking. Could be an issue there?

It was new and it still didn't start. But my batter jumper charger will arrive Monday hopefully do that will give it more power. But if it's the wrong size battery or whatever then that would probably cause it to not start properly? I'll have a lot of tomorrow at the battery

Seriously man, considering you have little mechanical knowledge, lack of funds and have what sounds like a really run down GTR.

You would be better off selling it or parting it and starting with something fresher that's had a little bit more love.

Not having a dig at you, but more friendly advice.

• Like 1

I'm not ready to sell it though. It wouldn't feel right without giving it a real shot of getting it going. And knowledge us gained through experienced lol can't expect to know something having never done it before. I'll learn about everything I need too

i havent tried much at all.i only just got motivated the other day when i randomly sat in it lol. now i cant stop thinking about. i tried it with the stock ecu plugged in and it still didnt start. my car doesnt have an afm but someone told me awhile ago that it wouldnt stop the car from starting with the stock ecu in. i always had a strong feeling that the fuses blew from the battery being connected wrong but i never had a multimeter.i only looked at the fuses and from memory they all look fine to me.but i'll check that when my multimeter arrives.

first thing i'll do is try hand turn the engine. i highly doubt it will be seized but needs to know for sure. then ill try for spark,then probably check fuel lines,injector plugs ,fuel pump etc.

i did a search and the first one that came up was lubemobile. really dont know how they good they would be. but for $163 this is what they offer :

• Pressurised Cleaning through Injectors
  • Fine Mist Spray through Throttle Body
  • Fuel System Check
  • Tank Additive to clean supply side
  • Scan Tool Diagnostic Check
  • Road Test