SAU Community

Std Rb26 Fuel Rail Power Limit?

mr skidz

The 2000's are a natural gas injector, not recommended for any liquid fuels.

Like Trent said the stainless 1700's are the go these days if you can afford the $200 odd per injector. Had no issues with the much cheaper 1400cc stainless Delphi's either, but some tuners have issues setting them up.

The 2000's are a natural gas injector, not recommended for any liquid fuels.

Like Trent said the stainless 1700's are the go these days if you can afford the $200 odd per injector. Had no issues with the much cheaper 1400cc stainless Delphi's either, but some tuners have issues setting them up.

thanks scotty,

I have heard they are a gas injectors but since a lot of people seem to be using them and they spray so nice too.

My only concern is are people having issues with using them on petrol and E85?

Many years ago i was told not to use a Bosch 044 for intank use so i did it anyway and it worked flawlessly.

So is it one of "those cases" where you shouldn't use them but they work perfectly if you do?

Edited by mr skidz

I usually have a wideband staring me in the face so I will never be leaning out.

so makes me wonder why everyone is using them.

The example above with the 044 was basically that they were never tested while submerged in a tank that's not to say it wouldn't work they were just never tested in that environment. Basically covering there asses.

when they say don't use liquids it may well be just because they were not tested in liquid,had they tested them maybe they wouldn't say not to use them with liquids?

either way I've decided on a set of 1500cc one E85 suitable straight plug ins

Edited by mr skidz

• 3 weeks later...

I'm running them. Car seems to run ok. I'm sure there is newer tech around though.

Forgot to add, you need to change the caps and use a larger rail.

Edited by DCIEVE

I'm running them. Car seems to run ok. I'm sure there is newer tech around though.

Forgot to add, you need to change the caps and use a larger rail.

ah thanks, you got a rb26 Edited by mr skidz

1300s seem to be the sweet spot, if doesn't reccomend running 98 with anything bigger, and I like flex.

Id1300s or Bosch 1250s though, that's the real question...

"If you need flawless drive ability on petrol". The 1700's and 2000's may be a bit grumpy at idle on petrol. Some guys might like that. Sounds like they over grown cams.

Are the Bosch 1250's stainless guts?

1300s seem to be the sweet spot, if doesn't reccomend running 98 with anything bigger, and I like flex.

Id1300s or Bosch 1250s though, that's the real question...

Better check the pressures they are rated at with that flow.

The 1400 Delphi's aren't too bad either, if your tuner has no issues setting up larger injectors. It gets hard to sort the idle and cruise on injectors that big.

Twin injectors per runner may be a better option. :)

Both rated at the same pressure (3 bar) and the bosch injectors are stainless. Can get a set through brick and mortar retailers for 725 bucks or so.

Ids on the other hand, cheapest ive seen for a set is around the 1500 mark. Makes me wonder if they are worth it

• Like 1