SAU Community

Std Rb26 Fuel Rail Power Limit?

mr skidz

Just curious as to what peoples thoughts are on pushing a factory RB26 fuel rail with E85 on board to around 450rwkw?

When does the return line being too small become an issue?

For reference i notice the motive dvd R32 runs std rail with a 2nd feed at the back and managed 460+rwkw!

Im trying to keep the engine bay bone stock appearance which is tricky and i refuse to compromise on engine safety so if it needs a aftermarket rail ill get one.

Or ill probably just settle for less power to keep it 100% factory looking.

Cheers

Edited by mr skidz

slightly off topic skidz but just curious what you did on your induction side in order to keep your engine bay looking stock (currently undertaking the same process) and had issue with AFM's mating to standard airbox...

slightly off topic skidz but just curious what you did on your induction side in order to keep your engine bay looking stock (currently undertaking the same process) and had issue with AFM's mating to standard airbox...

not sure I understand your question.

what's wrong with your air flow metres and mating the factory air box.

Mine will be present but reading from a map sensor

Over 500 awkw at least on petrol - read SK's comments:

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/112475-aftermarket-fuel-rails/

thank you kiwi I'll have a read when I get a chance but the issue really isn't the possible Power outcome on petrol as I know I'll need much less volume of petrol to hit those numbers but now my engine is higher compression and now E85 is being used I require much more volume of fuel.

not sure I understand your question.

what's wrong with your air flow metres and mating the factory air box.

Mine will be present but reading from a map sensor

Cheers Skidz, wasn't very clear sorry but you answered my question anyway.

I need AFM's as I'm running a 'Nistune' ECU, you obviously get round that running a stand alone.

The Z32's I purchased are larger in diameter and therefore don't mate up to the standard airbox.

Now purchasing either Nismo items or refurbished stock items that flow more...

I bought a set of Nismo air flow metres originally but I was concerned with blowing hoses off and being stranded in the middle no where, the map sensor car should still be drivable so this is an advantage for me plus going E85 now so now it's haltech all the way

Stock fuel rail/reg/lines

448kw on caltex eflex, 24psi boost and trapped 140mph few weeks ago !

Been running this setup for 2 years now as is

thnks sir, mad results can't argue with that!!

Only concerns the slight difference being the motive gtr and yours were both tuned e70 which makes me wonder when the factory fuel rail pressure would start to drop using the E85% content which needs the extra volume??

the internal volume of the std 26 rail is more than some of the aftermarket rails. Once dual feed modified they generally flow more than the mechanical limits of the engines they are attached too.

the internal volume of the std 26 rail is more than some of the aftermarket rails. Once dual feed modified they generally flow more than the mechanical limits of the engines they are attached too.

should i bother with the 2nd feed then?

Or just try run it as is?

Im gonna give kudos a buzz tomorrow regarding there Bosch 1250cc ev14's with plugs and adapter should do perfectly

Edited by mr skidz

I think you are to worried. Many folk have gone 400+kW on standard rail

been so busy with work at the moment it's hard to research some of the crucial factors towards the end of this build that's all just making sure

I thought id have 200cc spare.

ill need enough fuel for say 6 to 700 Bhp on E85 at any given time.

Add 30 40% for E85 should be fine

2000cc arent on kudos website offered as kit

Edited by mr skidz

I'll givem a call tomorrow and see if they offer the 2000 in there kit.

Would be better since i wont be leaning on the pump with a reg to get max flow from injectors.

Edited by mr skidz

i wont touch the id2000 copies

sooo many failures... worse still is the seats wear and the injectors change over time.

this is the only injector we use for 2000cc and over http://www.aftermarketindustries.com.au/injectors-c49/siemens-2433cc-injectors-p218/

the real ID700s seem to be excellent as a mid size and the delphi 1400cc which are also unmodified are a much better choice for lower requirents.