SAU Community

Dedicating My Second Coming To Thrashing Skylines (r33 Sedan Gt3071)

Hey Guys

I have been a vehicle enthusiast since I learnt to skid my push bike. I've been into sleepers and have always built my own cars, the last being a 1JZ powered E30 BMW. I look at it as my apprenticeship working/building cars and I resisted the urge to ever own a mainstream performance vehicle. Mid life has caught up with me and other projects have taken over my car building time so the BMW never made it to the track. I'm keen to spend more time driving and less time under a car. .........................An opportunity came up last week to swap my E30 for an R33 Sedan. I apprehensively did it and so far this family chopper is really growing on me. I'm loving the fact that everything works and it handles really well for a slightly porky car.

Some of you may know the car already as it came from a forum member here who kindly gave me the low down after the car went through another pair of hands in the last few months.

I'm looking forward to getting to the track at some point, hope to meet some of you out there.

Cheers

Andy

post-141737-0-86030100-1447042282_thumb.jpg

Hi Andy - arhh yes, the skyline claiming yet another victim under its regime ! I too once shunned these skylines, but the day I test drove one was the day my life changed for the better.

Welcome along for the ride.

Hi Andy - arhh yes, the skyline claiming yet another victim under its regime ! I too once shunned these skylines, but the day I test drove one was the day my life changed for the better.

Welcome along for the ride.

yep that pretty much sums it up Jeremy. I'm a bogan now and I love it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was that you cruising through Fyshwick last week?

Yes may well have been.

Done a few little things to her so far;

Peeled a set of tyres - obligatory settling in period

Replaced alternator

Replaced radiator

short shifter

disabled auto lock (felt like a japanese sex game every time the doors locked)

Changed fluids

And I'm loving this barge. Goes good, How tough are the gearboxes in these things? 2nd feels notchy and there is a slight whine.

Right on

Need some wheels pretty bad, any stock 33 ones floating around?