SAU Community

Has Anyone Tried P Zeros On Their Gtr?

Ashleee

So i need to fit new tyres ASAP for my R33 GTR and i figure "do it once, do it right".

I've been looking at reviews about Pirelli P zeros and it's all quite confusing (there's a huge range within the p zeros AND a bunch of negative reviews, some of which relate to treadwear [which i kinda expect in a high perfomance tyre] and some with bad drivers blaming the tyre for them driving it in a snowstorm), so i was wondering if anyone here has fitted a set to their car before?

Are they really the best money can buy?

I'm looking to buy something ultra-high performance (money is not an issue) but at the same time i want to get some decent treadwear out of it (I don't expect 10 yrs but i want it to last the summer).

Edited by Ashleee

Occasionally the car magazines do back to back reviews including track work. No doubt the tyres evolve all the time so any review is only relevant for a period of time, but my impression of the P Zeros is that they're a good tyre that's generally up with the leaders (but not THE leader) and way overpriced compared to their equals. Of course any up to date comparisons may disprove that impression either way.

My old man runs them on his car, they offer plenty of traction in the wet and dry but I think there are better value options out there.

They've been on the car for 2 years daily driven now still with plenty of tread.

How many KMs do you want? What driving do you do?

10k km?

20k km?

AD08s will last 15k-25k depending on use. I mean I was doing motorkhana's, 8200rpm launches (100s), 4WD hellis and I still managed to get 10k kms out of a set of them. They are a bit harder than the RS-3, which I wouldn't expect to last as long. That said AD08/RS-3 are "Extreme Summer" as I call it, they are next level above P-Zero which come into the "High" category where other things like Nitto INVO, Continental ContiSport and similar come into play. NT05 are also in that Extreme Summer and I'm a huge fan of them, lasted 10k kms on my HSV and I tracked that thing hard.

It really depends if you are track or not. If track, forget Pirelli/Conti etc. Soft widewall, will chew out. The Extreme Summer wont.

Another good option, if they come in your required size, RE003s. They will wear longer, little less grip but still impressive. I also tested/reviewed them earlier in the year and was impressed then - So impressed I have a set of them on my EVO 8, for a daily driver, I reckon perfect compromise of dry grip/wear/wet performance/road noise.

no they've been good all the way through....good enough to win SAU Texi and 9th in the nulon nats motorkhana against cars one semis :)

yes they are a little noisey which is what I expect from a performance road tyre. quieter than semis but noisier than your average camry