SAU Community

R32 Gtr Stalling

GTR320

Hi Guys,

The other day I was driving my r32 gtr and after a 40 minute drive the revs dropped and when I put my foot down to accelerate the car wasn't going and a few seconds later it just stalled on me and luckily I was able to turn into a private road. I initially thought that I got some water into the air filters by accident the day before when I washed it but it happened one more time before I got home. The next 2 days it was fine and so I thought the water in the filters would have dried out but when I was driving home the other day as I got to my driveway once again the revs dropped and it wanted to stall. I took out the filters and left them in the sun and it also did the same thing when I tried to drive it. I'm just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with their car and what the problem turned out to be.

My car is completely stock it is unmodified and still has the factory setup. Thanks for your help.

Edited by GTR320

Hi guys it does in fact turn out to be the AFMs that were dead. I tried on my mate's spare AFMs and the car has been working flawlessly. I would like to ask another question, what readings should the oil pressure and oil temperature gauges be reading if the car is functioning correctly?

Thanks

I would like to ask another question, what readings should the oil pressure and oil temperature gauges be reading if the car is functioning correctly?

Thanks

Ok.........

Oil pressure - Once at operating temp it should read about 2 at idle and close to 4 at 4000 rpm's in 3rd or 4th gear.

Oil temperature - Once running for about 15 minutes should be between the first space......Approx 85 degrees. If pushed hard on a hot day it can climb up into the low 90 to mid 90's but I've never had one go past that.

PLEASE NOTE: These two sensors are renowned for giving incorrect or faulty readings especially once at operating temperature.

I've owned numerous R32 GT-R's in the past few years and have had to replace these sensors on a number of occasions.

If your readings are not as per above not panic, just get it checked out.

Cheers,

Bob.

• Like 1