SAU Community

Os88 Vs Hollinger Decision!

Buraz

• 1 month later...

Okay he's decided to go with a Samsonas Sequential, they're proven in GTR's at a reasonable price and parts and support is awesome. We'll see how it all goes, car is far from finished

• Like 1

Hmmmmm they've had it for a while now I believe!! Few of the guys ran them last year at the GTR drag battle as far as I know. I'm pretty sure they're all holding up well and no breakages etc. they have at least in Evos and big power rotaries down here in Melbourne . My friend mentioned also that when it comes to servicing and parts etc they have a very quick turnaround and availability of parts.

Iv personally looked into the ppg and there has been a few breakages and still improving on the reliability.

• 4 weeks later...
On 21/03/2017 at 1:04 PM, Buraz said:

Hmmmmm they've had it for a while now I believe!! Few of the guys ran them last year at the GTR drag battle as far as I know. I'm pretty sure they're all holding up well and no breakages etc. they have at least in Evos and big power rotaries down here in Melbourne . My friend mentioned also that when it comes to servicing and parts etc they have a very quick turnaround and availability of parts.

Iv personally looked into the ppg and there has been a few breakages and still improving on the reliability.

I've never heard of a Samsonas in a GTR and I've never heard of a PPG 6 speed sequential breaking so I have no idea where you are getting your info... Any references?

6 hours ago, SimonR32 said:

I hadn't heard that, but very possible... Any news on what or why it broke?

No idea mate. Maybe one of the JEM boys on here may have more details?

I've never heard of a Samsonas in a GTR and I've never heard of a PPG 6 speed sequential breaking so I have no idea where you are getting your info... Any references?

Well they were due to be released in April but running a little behind. My friend ordered one through them, apparently they took a number of orders that they'll be doing before releasing to public. That's his situation I'm only going by what he's told me and if seen email they sent him. I think they took something like 10 orders!! Maybe for r&d to see how they work and hold up before releasing publicly.

Piggaz yes I spoke to Adam and PPG rep at wtac and JEM has smashed a few actually as have a few others. You can say they're ironing out weaknesses and problems. So they made it sound like that, and the newest one he has in his car is the improved one and holding up fine.

I have an OS ordered too, hopefully it holds up. Paul where did you get your centre plate from?? Seems like it's an important piece I'm missing

1 hour ago, Buraz said:

I have an OS ordered too, hopefully it holds up. Paul where did you get your centre plate from?? Seems like it's an important piece I'm missing

I got mine from Greenline I'm pretty sure.

Drove the car today first time with the holinger sequential - all I can say is I'm in love. 

Drove it very easily - amazing how fast the shifts are. Box is a little clunky when cruising it very slow so would definitely not recommend for a daily. 

My car is a 700hp plus street car that is driven once a week if that, it's taken out for a spirited drive then gets locked back in the garage. 

So to all those tossers that said "good luck driving that box" these are little jealous fcks that can't afford a decent box or car, have never driven a sequential box and definitely live a very sad life.

From my initial drive I'd definitely recommend for any serious car. Dyor 

• 5 months later...