SAU Community

Advice Needed In De+t

Not sure on a 34 but when I first did the conversion I got 33 GTST injectors (think they are 370cc too), Walbro pump and a GTST ecu, ran 12-14psi off a bleed valve and it was fine.

I don't see it as a great investment to put all the work in and miss a few pieces of equipment which limits your boost. I had the same thoughts as you about keeping the car. I like the car, it's clean and well looked after, mine is a GTS4 so I liked the AWD aspect etc so I decided to put the money into it.

Provided your car has been looked after and the engine isn't tired you will be able to run more boost then what you are after with the right mods.

mine is a GTS4 so I liked the AWD aspect etc so I decided to put the money into it.

Here's a killer difference though. You're unlikely to destroy the GTS4's gearbox with a 25DE+T at that boost level - it's tough enough. The skinny box in the RWD NA cars though is going to be twisted out of shape and not last very long.

What others have said about brakes and all that is still true too.

Okay after a lot of thought and reading through all the replys im thinking of giving the car a tidy up and try and sell it, then buy an r33 gtst with the money hopefully.

Thank you to everyone who opened my eyes on this, glad i didnt just go ahead otherwise i would have most definitely destroyed my engine.

• Like 3

Financially smart. Could have been done mechanically though! I'm running 16psi through an NA RB motor, without issue. But the compression ratio is slightly lower.

Edited by SMiTHBRo

Howd you manage that? And why didnt you sell the na and just put a det in instead?

Well, it's not impossible. The only limitation is boost vs fuel octane (until you start reaching the mechanical strength limits of things, like rods or valve springs - and even then you can replace stuff until you reach the limits of blocks!).

Howd you manage that? And why didnt you sell the na and just put a det in instead?

Because they are all but exactly the same short motor apart from piston dome volume and some very minor cam timing differences and oil squirters

My setup is on a different NA RB motor, but still a similar premise. NA+T will work fine, ideally you want it tuned and especially in my case where it's running 16psi. But 5psi through a NEO with an FPR to increase the fuel pressure should be fine, the nature of the factory ECU will compensate the extra air with extra fuel, obviously to a point though. He should definitely run it on a dyno after installing everything to make sure all is well.

I had a N/A once, then put a DET in and that was only the beginning.

There's just way more little things between the NA and the DET that may or may not rear their ugly head or annoy you, things you thought were the same... just aren't. A bit of bracing here, slightly stronger doohickeys in the chassis, just... things

The best and only mod for a GT is a GTT. It is the best bang for buck, and it is ultimately what anyone with a GT wants.

• Like 1

Here's a killer difference though. You're unlikely to destroy the GTS4's gearbox with a 25DE+T at that boost level - it's tough enough. The skinny box in the RWD NA cars though is going to be twisted out of shape and not last very long.

What others have said about brakes and all that is still true too.

Is true about the gearbox... and yes changing brakes and stud pattern over was costly and annoying so no arguments there :)