SAU Community

Milky Coolant

A4Papers

Hi, I have a 1989 r32 GTR with a bit of a problem...

There is oil in the coolant however no coolant in the engine oil, I have done a combustion gasses test on the radiator with the test coming back negative, I also hit 20 odd psi of boost with no problems ether. The engine was rebuilt in 2008

It was really milky before the flush now there is a thick layer of goop on the top - http://imgur.com/R7x6GCk

Is there any other places for oil to leak into the coolant?

Thanks

I'm very new to skylines but love it so far

Edited by A4Papers

Also, just because there is no combustion gas in the coolant does not exclude a head gasket issue, it may be blown between the oil and water passages only.

Other causes I can think of are cracked block (unlikely unless you are making a billion KW) or the oil/coolant heat exchanger below the oil filter; if it leaked internally you would get oil/water mix.

Also, how is the underside of the oil filler cap on the cam cover

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Sounds like the exchanger to me, oil pressure is higher than Coolant pressure therefore Coolant wont be able to make its way into the oil lines. Just a thought :)

Except when the car is off coolant will get into the oil

I'll update,

The exchanger had been plumbed up by the last owner and what had happened when we flushed the coolant all the gunk that was in the overflow bottle entered the radiator (We forgot to flush this :/) so now I think I'll just need to flush the coolant system weekly till most of the oil is out of the coolant

The engine is forged with a cometic mls head gasket and 400 all wheel kw if anyone wanted to know