SAU Community

Cefiro Owners

too_much_boost

We had a couple at the last drift comp in WA, and the number of competing Cefiros in the next comp will be double that of the last. Its progressing :) I bought a lot of spare parts with my car too. A few sets of front ends just incase :D

JK

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be stoked to see more cefiros out there. I have a ceffy and a Sil80 but i think the sil80 is a better drifter, hence me using that for drift events and the ceffy will be the cruiser.

I have also considered bringing another cefiro in for drift purposes and selling the sil80.. but probably won't cos of excess laziness.

Anyone have a passenger side front blinker assembly spare? also passenger front seatbelt... i need both for rego/compliance

Hi guys,

Heres mine.. some people have already seen the pics but for those that havent theyre located here: http://www.aussiewheels.com/profile/View.p...&PhotoGallery=1

Specas are also located on that site and not all of them are known as yet.

Mark i believe you got urs thru meggala yeah? i seen the pics of it doing the qtr :P very nice...

I will be using mine as a circuit/drift car as its already setup that way.

Its currently sitting in the Brisbane docks ready to be deported :P to melbourne.

The brown turns me off a little.

jaik, what model does it say on your build plate? the trim in yours looks quite different to the ones I have seen.

I havent got my car yet. But its a CA31 (bah bloody hicas) but it is a black/gray interior. I have attached my vehicle information from the Nissan FAST software and it doesnt show me the interior trim code ;(

JK

i probably would have preferred a grandads car, but mine appears to have had suspension before and a drivers seat. no sign of any guaging however, so i dont know to what extent my car has been thrased. its had a manual conversion so i presume the clutch should be half decent, and i can only dream that its got a 25 box in it (harsh reality of it being a 20 box, hopefully a turbo one -anyone know how to tell the difference?) and I suspect a standard LSD is in place too. Ah well Im throwing a couple of grand at it to handle better (ie to aid in recovery from driver error) so she'll be right mate.

JK

I seriously doubt you would have got a 25 box, but i think that the 20 NA box and 20 turbo box are probably the same strength with different ratios on a couple of gears (similar scenario to SR boxes)

If you will be drifting the thing, you will need better than the standard LSD.

Well, you never know. I know that If I was to do it locally I would put a 25 box in. But yes, its 99% guaranteed to be a RB20 box. I am looking at 2 way Mechs for the backend already.

JK

I havent got my car yet. But its a CA31 (bah bloody hicas) but it is a black/gray interior. I have attached my vehicle information from the Nissan FAST software and it doesnt show me the interior trim code ;(

JK

Let us know what specific model it is when you get the car... be interesting to tell the difference between (from what I have read) the VL, SE, VE and SE-t models.

Yeah dont worry, I plan on documenting EVERYTHING I do on the car to help the rest of the new Cefiro owners. Every mod I do, every factory thing I butcher, everything will be on my website. Lots of pics too! I might even get game and post all the microfiche for the A31 series aswell.

JK

I plan to immediately do timing belt, cams, sprockets, water pump, o2 sensor, ecu water temp sensor, fuel pump, gtr injectors, coilovers, z32 brakes etc so I guess even though its been documented before I may aswell do it again. Who knows, someone might find it useful some day.

JK

The stuff I have sitting at home for mine for after compliance include:

SR20DET+5speed (s15 turbo, stainless manifold, 550's, emanage, bb clutch)

FMIC

Trust whiteface electric guages (boost, oil press, oil temp, water temp, exh temp)

Bride seat + rail

alloy subframe bushes

Should be ok once done

What type of bride seat? Ive got a BRIX on my passenger side with rails. I might be looking to get rid of it If i cant mount it on the drivers side easily.

JK

Hi Fellow Cefiro owners. Hey any sydney/NSW owners in here?.. Maybe we should hook up and compare notes stuffa sthere arnt many of us here in NSW. I imported my car from Meggala as well. Top bloke he is the guru on these cars and has helped me with getting parts minor problems and stuff even after I got the car till now back in march.

Specs/Mods are as follows:

- 1988 A31 cefiro

- Rb20det

- T3 Turbo off an VG30

- Mech Diff

- Boost Guage

- GFB Bleed Valve

- Larger Cams

- HKS POD

- Turbo Back 2.5 inch zorst

- Tien Height/Camber Coilovers

- A few other minor mods

I dont mind the brown interior too much.

BTW i have an stock cefiro air box I HAD to buy for 250 bux just to pass the blueslip here in sydney so if any of u guys need to borrow it in the near future then let me know.