SAU Community

Haltech Pro Platinum Tune For Injector Trims - Hypertune

I was just noticing the Base map tune trim for the Haltech Platinum pro has a pretty serious addition for fuel on the high end of boost and RPM on the # 4,5 and 6 cylinders. I am assuming this is for factory coolant and intake manifold layout...

So I have a few questions:

1) Do most people zero out the fuel trims when moving to a bigger plenum? I'm running a Hypertune V2 and the coolant is all relocated out of the intake manifold collector to a separate manifold that I have made up to go back to the radiator.

2) Does anyone know a procedure for finding out HOW to tune individual injector trims?

3) Does anyone have a base map tune for single turbo with hypertune manifold?

Any ideas or comments are welcome. Thank you.

• Like 1

if you checked your spark plugs you'll notice 4-5-6 run hotter (look cleaner) naturally being at the back, SR20's run hotter naturally on 3-4.

you can as an option use colder plugs in 4-5-6 to manage heat and zero those trims back, but I'd be leaving it as is unless you have a means of measuring it other than reading the plugs and comparing 1 to 6.

my 2c

Edited by mr skidz

I know the factory head manifold design is such that coolant just doesn't circulate well through the back of the head and those cylinders run a bit hotter than the fronts. If you think about it, the coolant from the pump has to fight friction losses all the way to the back and likely is taking the path of least resistance by exiting up front first. Also while it's traveling to the rear of the head it's constantly absorbing heat from the head and block. If you look at the factory HEATER EXIT port in the Right side of the block, it's exiting on the rear of the engine. It also constantly recirculates to the back of the water pump regardless of the thermostat position (ie-constant circulation hot or cold). I've wondered if this was plumbed this way to constantly have the water pump draw fluid from the back of the block to promote circulation (ie reduced stagnation) there.

You can see this clearly in the intake manifold design. I have attached some annotated drawings showing the original manifold, the block heater / coolant bypass piping made up on my engine, and the Hypertune 1 and 2 manifolds.

It would be nice to introduce colder temp coolant towards the rear of the engine somewhere. I will be putting a coolant temp sensor in the rear of the block so I can log this with the Haltech later. May show us some good information.

Patrick

post-136202-0-47953200-1459968602_thumb.jpg

post-136202-0-42811900-1459968616_thumb.jpg

post-136202-0-34314400-1459968627_thumb.jpg

post-136202-0-99502000-1459968634_thumb.jpg

post-136202-0-29561500-1459968642_thumb.jpg

I don't think it a good idea to have the coolant running through the inlet manifold like that on a 2000+ dollar race manifold. I would rather modify a greddy copy to suit a singe throttle body. Heaps cheaper. Maybe if it had a revised coolant flow system like a tube similar to the member above and runners that went all the way to the head. But that would prolly cost a small fortune

Edited by gmchaser

So now you've got me wondering and concerned lol. I'm in the states and already have a tough time getting adequate work/tuning on my GTR.

I'm running a Haltech Pro platinum on a V2 intake manifold (single TB)

Basically my setup is a built 8.5:1 2.6L with a PTE6466.

I had it tuned by Nate at TPG tuning, he does great work and my car feels fine and plugs look good BUT now you have me curious...

When you say a pretty serious amount, could you help me out and state values. Are we longer injector on time for #4,5,6? Enriched a few percent?

Thanks for your help.

So now you've got me wondering and concerned lol. I'm in the states and already have a tough time getting adequate work/tuning on my GTR.

I'm running a Haltech Pro platinum on a V2 intake manifold (single TB)

Basically my setup is a built 8.5:1 2.6L with a PTE6466.

I had it tuned by Nate at TPG tuning, he does great work and my car feels fine and plugs look good BUT now you have me curious...

When you say a pretty serious amount, could you help me out and state values. Are we longer injector on time for #4,5,6? Enriched a few percent?

Thanks for your help.

It's in their base map tunes. I'll screenshot the tables in a min

Haltech Platinum Pro plugin factory basemap for R32 GT-R fuel injector trim tables.

Injectors 1-3 are zero trim

Injectors 4,5 and 6 are all different and increase in fuel added percentage on top end of tables. The highest realistic is around 2% for cylinder 6.

post-136202-0-26618300-1460599864_thumb.jpg

post-136202-0-92728000-1460599870_thumb.jpg

post-136202-0-36661800-1460599876_thumb.jpg

post-136202-0-81261800-1460599881_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

If the highest trim is 2% don't worry. Injector sets can vary that much. If you have specs on your injectors you put the larger ones to the back. Then you can dial out the trims.

Or do option 1: do nothing

If the highest trim is 2% don't worry. Injector sets can vary that much. If you have specs on your injectors you put the larger ones to the back. Then you can dial out the trims.

Or do option 1: do nothing

I'm with you. My injector set had a sheet with all the flows. I'm putting the higher ones in the rear.

I'll do a few top end pulls and cut power to check plugs to make sure everything is still good.

Ok thay isn't as much as I'd thought. My ID's came with their flow info and I did in fact place them from 6-1 highest to lowest but they were flow matched and varied by I believe 5cc total