SAU Community

Rb30e Block/engine

fikemoo

Hi guys i posted up a thread about trying to find an importer/exporter to get one fo these over to the uk but its actually easier for me to just sort out all the shipping myself, so im now just looking for somebody with a series 2 rb30e engine or block needs to be in good condition, well only the crank needs to be good as forged pistons and rods will be going in.

All id need from the person is them to strap it down to a pallet for me and drain the oil and water out if its a complete engine :)

thanks Mike

just a quick bump as im after a bit of advice i have seen tons and tons of threads about people asking the difference between the holden and nissan rb30 blocks and the answer is always nothing the only difference comes from what year the block was amde ie if it is a series 2 or series 1, but i find people are always talking about the r31 skyline or the vl, my question lies with the patrol block which is called a rb30s not a rb30e i know this is because it is a carb engine not electronic fuel but are there any other differences, mainly in the block? like different pistons? compression? or is it the same aslong as its a series 2 ofc

thanks Mike

It's a series 2 I'm after as im building a rb25/30 the seller has shown me pictures of all the bungs so I'm sure it's a series 2 block which is great. But the first thing I noticed was the sump is completely different to the vl and skyline ones and it just made me wonder what else might be different on a patrol rb30