SAU Community

the great debate...

I've got big respect for toyota engines but I would have to agree that supras are for posers. In the 'laide there is too many piece of s#it non turbo automatic, crap chrome rimmed, bodykitted supras going around. You wouldnt call a tt supra ricey but in my opinion their image is tainted by the before mentioned versions.

Taking into consideration the insurance cost of the GTR, i'd go for the 34gt-t. Black, no spoiler, dumped. So suttle yet so sweet. Prime candidit for a sleeper... or if you like an oriental flavour they have great rice potential.

so can the skyline gtr ;)

Nah, you miss my point. Everyone who talks about the 2JZ goes on about how fanblimmintastic the stock internals are and how much power they can take and after a while it gets boring.

with your price limit! ( looks like 35-40k) you couldnt get a nice supra ... possibly stock (YUCK!).

Just go around and get yourself a GT-R.

ever thought of importing a really really clean R32 GT-R? spending 35k will get you something awsome!

I found a 96 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo in the Melbourne Trading post. Had a nice body kit and mad wheels. Think the engine was stock. He was only asking $29000, i dont know if its just me but i found that to be one of the best sales that ive seen. You can get a nice supra for under $30G'z. The only thing that bothers me about supras is that toyota was too lazy to make it a AWD, which means that the GT-R will whip its arse. Go for the GT-R.

Hi,

You definately have no idea what you are talking about, I own an R33 GTR I have occassionally raced my friend's tt Supra and he whoops my arse, Im infront 1st 2nd , after that he eats me, I also know another guy making 410 rwkw making 10.9 secs on stock internals, and yes the GTR can make 11.90 secs on stock internals but not reliably, I have already broken two boxes, yes Im with you on that one man, as soon as I have 47k I'll pick up one Supra and go crazy on mods and not worry about my box... good luck.

YES i'VE SEEN THAT VIDEO AS WELL BUT NO THE CARS DONT SEEM TO BE STANDARD, LOOK AT THE TIME UNDERNEATH ON THE LEFT HAND CORNER, (YOU TALKING ABOUT THE WHITE gtr AND THE SILVER supra) THEY ARE NOT STANDARD, IF MY 33 WOULD LAUNCH LIKE THAT STANDARD IT WOULD BE COOL, BUT I HAVE TO LOOK AFTER THE GEAR BOX SO I CAN SELL IT.