SAU Community

Help finding/fitting child seat restraints in an R33 GT-R for rego

Help finding/fitting child seat restraints in an R33 GT-R for rego

Hi all,

Sorry for yet more questions, but I have tried searching both the web generally and SAU specifically before posting. In the quite likely event I've just not found the information I'm after my sincere apologies for being a pain.

One of the items I need to rectify to pass rego is to display/fit child seat restraints. My understanding is that they should be there, as having them would have been a requirement for compliance when the car was imported. I've got my rear seats and parcel shelf out, attached are some photos of the area. So I guess my question is, with what's there what's the best solution to get a legal setup so it'll pass rego? It'd be nice if it was also usable should I want to do that down the track. Thank you very much as always in advance!

IMG_0961.JPG

IMG_0962.JPG

There should be the provision for one in the middle of the parcel shelf already. If you look from the boot to the underside of the shelf, you'll see a nut welded to a piece of flat bar. You can screw the child seat restraint point into it. I had to work this out last weekend. I have two kids so i had to make up two of them - one for the passenger and one for the driverside.

• 5 weeks later...