SAU Community

450-500HP turbo, Internal or External Gate?

i can get u a T61 or T66 for around $1350 delivered if your interested

brand new aswell

360degree thrust bearing

T3 flange 0.70 0.84 or 0.96

P Trim rear

0.70 comp cover

4" inlet 2.5" outlet comp cover

3" outlet exhaust

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$2000 to rebuild ur stock turbo or $2400 for a nice new twin ball bearing garrett GT30.

I know what i would be buying and did buy.

If u r serious go external gate, you know you will get bored eventually and get one in the end :)

Not everyone has the money to throw around on a new manifold and external gate.. Thats why I chose the rebuild option... 250RWKW and above is plenty for the street..

lepperfish what boost and mods are running to get 265rwkws? im running the same turbo and im nowhere near that power level!

Hi carl, I have ecu, fuel pressure reg, 600hp fuel pump, gcg 450hp turbo,

runs 20psi all the time..

I got a GCG 450hp turbo and it makes around 265kw at wheels..

If your making that sort of power out of a GCG high flow, and your car isnt a freak :rolleyes: then id say hell the decision is obvious as thats pretty damns close to 450hp at the engine.

Looks std, save the expense of the manifold wastegate etc etc....if you dont have to go aftermarket manifold and wastegate to get your power then that saves so much agro, problems with controlling underbonnet temps, concerns over cracking manifolds etc etc.

The GCG high-flow is a new turbo, and the supposed saving of $400, well first you have to sell the std RB25 turbo for that money then have to worry about new piping and possibly modified water lines.

265rwkws...whats the power like, peaky, tractable, the boost you are running, othe rinternal mods????? Man if its a std RB25 with a high flow with injectors then id be interested to hear more, my car needs open heart surgery:)

My car has just had a full engine rebuild.. But was making the same power about before I had the rebuild.. Power is really nice, Have got a tomei adjustable exhaust cam gear as well and full boost is acheived at 3400rpms.

Are You Running Lower Compression To Acheive The 20psi Boost ? Im Running St.1 Gcg 450hp Hi Flow Turbo , 600hp Bosche Motorsport Fuel Pump, Malpassi Rising Rate Reg, Ces Racing Split 3inch Dump Pipe, 3 Inch Cat, Exhaust, Link Ecu , Gtr Intercooler And At 17.5psi Boost My Car Could Only Manage 212rwkws On Shootout Mode , My Tuner Advised Me That I Needed An Aftermarket Manifold To Achieve More Boost And Therefore More Power , He Reckons This Will Give Me Another 15 To 20 Rwkws!!! So At 230rwkws Im Going To Be Still Along Way From 265rwkws Lepperfish What A Freak/ Animal Of A Car Youve Got Mate!!

No, im running standard compression. I have 3 inch exhaust from turbo back, 3 inch highflow cat, custom front mount intercooler, Haltec coil pack, electronic boost control from the haltec ecu.. btw, everycar will react slighty different from similar mods. Your setup might max out at 240 - 250kw, where someone else may acheive 260 - 270kw... Will get you dyno sheet ASAP mate..

Our R34GTT makes ~265 rwkw, just like Lepperfish's does, I have seen another RB25DET on the dyno do pretty much the same. It's not a freak engine, just well tuned with the right mods. My experience is the same, much over 1.4 bar is a waste of time, just makes more heat for no more power. :D

bigcarl,

You do have an RB25 don't you?

Enrico,

If it were myself I would consider either the GCG turbo or the 2835ProS.

Don't let them bully you in to going external gate for an extra 30rwkw's.

Also as a note Grepin is making some where up around 270-280rwkw's with a small .69 exhaust a/r.

Guest Robo's

250-260rwkw would be great for such an easy upgrade from the GCG turbo. Apparently they only offer one turbo now, somewhere in between the 450 and 500hp.

230rwkw is no slouch Robo.. When I was enquiring about turbo upgrades for the R33 SK advised me that the 500hp GCG unit would be more suitable for an RB30 application and that the 450hp would suit the Rb25 alot more so therefore I chose that turbo soley on SK's recommendation..