SAU Community

45v2 turbo on 21u rear housing

Nzboii14

45v2 turbo on 21u rear housing

Hey guys just looking over my engine bay and remember reading a thread about all the 45v turbos and what the numbers mean.

i got given a spare turbo with the car when i bought it and was told it had a gtr turbo on it, (i knew next to nothing about turbos as this is my first turbo car), but i still didnt beleive him straight away as he had less teeth in his head than a toddler. 

but looking at the two turbos, the one on my car now is 45v2 on a 21u rear housing,

and the spare is a 45v1 on the op6 rear housing.

just wondering if anyone knows why it would have been swapped around (as i can gather). 

and should i change it back so that its running the 45v2 neo turbo on the op6 rear housing?

picking your brains as im not all the smart with this stuff.

cheers in advance

Don't forget GTRs have two turbos so each will not be massive. If all your stuff is stock it will be old and worn. If you can have the car off the road for a bit get Hypertune to do you a rebuilt turbo - either near stock if you want or more power if that's your goal.

Yeah i would like to get my turbo highflowed someday soon, but the question is. When i send it in, should i pull the 45v2 compressor housing off and put it with the op6 rear housing or is it better with the 21U rear house, any advantages or disadvantages with either combination. Or should i just call hypergear and ask them what they would reccomend, as its them that will be doing the work?